ADVERTISEMENT

Cincy Game Thread

One of the most incredible basketball games I have ever seen. UConn started off looking like the same old UConn from the entire season and only had 4 points thru 7 minutes of play. We stepped up our defense but we just could not convert on easy opportunities. It did not look good at first being down 9 at the half but we just did not give up. Both teams went back and forth throughout the entire second half and overtimes and UConn came up with bigger shots with seconds remaining. That shot by Jalen Adams was too unreal and still am in shock that it went it; it if didn't, our hopes at the tournament would've been over and heading back to the NIT for a second year in a row. Hamilton down the stretch just took the game over when he wanted to and made play after play. The whole year with them losing close games and collapsing in the second half, it was just too fitting for UConn to win like this. This team showed heart and desire and played the best game of the season. Unbelievable game and we will be seeking revenge against Temple tomorrow.

Reactions: Ozzie3178
I heard Cronin's crying as usual...he questions the time.....I got news for you Mick ...look at when your players shot went in.....Time keeper should have stopped the clock with about 1.3 when the ball went through the hoop.

EXACT same thing I thought. I was on my way to watch Kemba and Jeremy do their thing so me and the kids were listening to Joe D call it. I damn near wrecked my car when he hit that shot. I ended up making it to a bar in time to see the last 2 min of the last overtime, and the mgr of the joint is a grad. So we had our own little Uconn fan group standing watching it. Pretty freaking sweet weekend of ball.

Reactions: Ozzie3178
We are lucky they didn't try to get the time right. That would allowed Cincinnati enough time to celebrate and then actually try to play defense.

This was one instance having a laid back coach helped ;)

Reactions: the Blades
It's all fate guys......the beauty of the play was BECAUSE there was 0.8 second left. In my mind that Jalen Adams 62 foot bank shot at the end of the 3rd OT was one of the greatest plays possibly ever made in college basketball history with 0.8 seconds left in the game, and it wouldn't have been if there was 1.3 seconds left in the game. In my mind the Jalen shot was as great as the Tate George shot, or moreso because Tate's was a turn, catch and shoot from a set position (although it was an incredible on the money pass from Scott Burrell), whereas Jalen had to catch and shoot on the run from 62 feet in one fluid motion in 0.8 seconds, and he pulled it off. You put that one in the history books fellas, for UConn, for the AAC, for Jalen and for college basketball. It reminds me of the greatness of Derek Jeter's flip in the 2001 ALCS - it was perfect timing and positioning and was absolutely necessary for the play to have been made. Jalen's play was the basketball equivalent of this, one of the greatest plays in MLB postseason history:

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/6479266/v3134880/nyyoak-gm-3-jeter-cuts-down-runner-with-iconic-flip

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT