ADVERTISEMENT

Chief’s Briefs - Marquette Edition 2

I’ll be eagerly tuning in tomorrow at 6:30. Thanks Chief!!!
The team is starting to come together. Of course, now the opponent will try to strategically foul out our centers. Chief isn’t so concerned about rebounding, since Jackson, Martin, Bouknight are all capable of 5-10 rebounds a game. But post defense is what they are trying to deteriorate. A bigger Polley has not really meant a more physical Polley. And to think his dad was a very good NFL LB.

The forgotten man may make an appearance - Richard Springs.

Last edited:
I agree with the female commentator in the clip. The thing Chief remembers about Jalen, off the court, is his smile. Very friendly guy. If Calhoun had coached him, I am sure we would be hearing Coach complain how he is too nice, to have that hard game edge to him. That we needed a guy who would get in a fight in the parking lot. LOL with perhaps his most talented team (2004), he used to complain that he did not have that guy who would get in a fight in the parking lot.

Last edited:
Great insight from a HOF'er !
Agree, Hurkey Sr really reads the game and people well. You can see how he was so successful and his love for the game, by him getting daily full practice videos from both sons - what a resource. KO had a similar resource his first two seasons (Calhoun in person and at games) but then KO decided he didn’t need that resource.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT