ADVERTISEMENT

Stain's Briefs - Marquette Edition 2

Stainmaster

Feb 22, 2021
Good win. Bouknight and Cole continue to play excellent on offense. Cole is in a zone mentally. Jackson’s passing /defense/dunks and Martin’s rebounding/activity supplement the scoring of the big two. Additionally, good to see Gaffney showing what he does in practice. He showed athleticism going to the hoop. When the ball moves everyone plays well. Sanogo shows he can rebound and score inside. Stain likes his screens too.

But, of course Bouknight is the main man and his offensive talents are there for all to see. However, Stain thought Donny brought up a good point and it’s yet another reason why from a basketball perspective he should stay another year. Bouknight tries to avoid people on his drives when sometimes he should be taking it strong to the body of the opponent. If he stayed another year and got stronger he could do that more without injury and get more foul shots. His % from the line is good.

In the first half, our FG percentage was over 20% better than Marquette (51% to 30%) and good ball movement led to low turnovers (just 5). Our centers though continue to pick up fouls, with (5) combine with Whaley, Sanogo and Carlton in the first half. Just more evidence why having them cover a dribbler 25 feet away from the basket isn’t a good thing. The good part also included 9 fast break points and a double digit rebound advantage. Fastbreak is better than half court.

During the second half UConn committing foolish fouls kept Marquette in the game. Ridiculous being in the double bonus with 9 minutes to go. Guys need to know where good defense ends and let your opponent take a difficult shot without reaching or jumping into him. Whaley while a good defender isn’t a good post defender against a good post player. But, zero turnovers help.
Stain does think our delay game towards the end needs work. I also thought we needed Sanogo’s interior game. But, Polley’s corner 3 was big and Jackson’s dunks.

Finally, Stain would like to thank all who participate in the basketball discussion. Stain always says the original post is just the appetizer to the main meal - the discussion. Thank You.

I came here for Chief’s briefs, not this off brand substitute. What happen to Chief- the true expert and deep state insider?
The loser copied mine and he and a few associated handles are replying nonsense to a bunch of old threads to try to bury mine. There’s apparently not much of a presence of a Moderator here. My authentic thread is below:
Chief is having digital frorensic work performed and great progress is being made with preliminary findings , which are very interesting.

Last edited:
The loser copied mine and he and a few associated handles are replying nonsense to a bunch of old threads to try to bury mine. There’s apparently not much of a presence of a Moderator here. My authentic thread is below:
Chief is having digital frorensic work performed and great progress is being made with preliminary findings , which are very interesting.

Not mad.

This is crazy Chief. Please share your findings ASAP. Stain was always off.

Same investigators that are working for My Pillow guy?

We should have a zoom panel with both Stain and Chief together to preview the BE tourney. Add Bunky too.

@Deepster or @whaler24 could be the panel mod.

Same investigators that are working for My Pillow guy?

We should have a zoom panel with both Stain and Chief together to preview the BE tourney. Add Bunky too.

@Deepster or @whaler24 could be the panel mod.

Stain is a nobody - he had to copy Chief’s Briefs and put his name on it. Plagerism. He would be zero value added. Very interesting findings.

Find some wrestling masks, bring some hot sauce, use voice modulators and get all the “voices” on a panel.

I’ve seen the light- managing the “Chief’s” persona is not easy. Tech mistakes happen. Damn tech cookies have fluoride - careful Mandrake. Peter Sellers- he too marvelously played three characters.

Last edited:
Reactions: whaler24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT