ADVERTISEMENT

3 UConn Players in 2017 Mock NBA Draft

Terry really impressed this summer at NBA camps. Here's nbadraft.net's write up on him from July:

Terry Larrier 6'8, 190 lbs, 6'10 wingspan, SG, UConn -- Every year it seems someone comes out of the woodwork and surprises based on expectations coming in. This year, that player was Connecticut's Terry Larrier. The VCU transfer still needs to add some weight to his frame, but he showed a lot of promise in the event as a guy that competes hard, has a high skill level and can contribute in a number of areas. He had one of the better shooting forms of all the wing players, showing a nice, high and quick release and also has the ability to catch and shoot or pull up off the dribble. In addition, he has excellent length and seems to give solid effort defensively. He could be primed for a break out season at UConn if he gains confidence quickly. Watch out for Larrier this year as he's a kid with first round talent if things fall into place for him.

Another one here from nbadraft.net:

Like DJ Hogg, Terry Larrier isn't completely on the radar yet, but he should be. He's a VCU transfer with excellent size and evolving skills. He'll need to show that his ability to put the ball on the deck and playmaing skills have improved, but he does have a nice shooting stroke and very solid athletic attributes.

NBA Comparison: Dorrell Wright

Reactions: UconNell
Yea larrier is our legit first round draft pick next year.

Jalen told me he is not looking at the draft next year just looking to get better from last year.

So we should enjoy Rique and Jalen for another year in the backcourt together.

Yea larrier is our legit first round draft pick next year.

Jalen told me he is not looking at the draft next year just looking to get better from last year.

So we should enjoy Rique and Jalen for another year in the backcourt together.
Would have been clutch to get a Hammonds visit if Larrier does indeed leave for the NBA. We'll need a backup for Jackson and I'm not sure Polley will be able to put the ball on the floor as a freshman. We may have to look in the grad transfer market next year. We have no height already at the 2, and would have no backup at the 3. Kind of worrisome.

I am hoping Larrier stays for 2 years although he does look really good and if he is a 1st rounder he has to consider it. But he was only #26 in this Mock and not on the board in another I saw, so it's not a lock he will be in the first round. Plus, his body needs some work, he is very athletic and appears strong for his size but is lean and we will need to see how he handles the physical defenders. Let's play the games and see what happens. I do get we have to plan for the future but Polley is in the fold and he backs up VJ if Larrier leaves. And as far as size at the 2 there is this kid Diallo still out there and I heard he likes UConn.

Reactions: Ozzie3178
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT