ADVERTISEMENT

O/T- NBA Draft Tomorrow!!

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
I am starting to get mildly excited, just because it is the most unpredictable draft, maybe ever. Nobody has a consensus top pick or even a top 5 or 6. I have seen various mock drafts with LaMelo Ball, James Wiseman, Anthony Edwards, and even Killian Hayes going #1. Ball is #1 in 8 of 12 mocks, and is the odds on favorite. Those 4 guys all seem likely to get picked very high, along with Deni Avidjia. One mock I read called James Wiseman "Anthony Davis Lite"- like a lot of other guys, he has not played a lot of ball, not even in college, and nobody really seems to know what they are getting with him. The same can be said of Anthony Edwards, who has an impressive physical profile but put up stats that were underwhelming in one season of college ball (29% on 3s) He could be like another Anthony, Anthony Bennett, who was the overall #1 pick in the 2013 NBA draft but was out of the NBA by 2017, a horrible bust. Wiseman and Edwards both scare me a little bit as guys who can be huge busts. However, if Wiseman is as advertised and goes to Golden State at #2, Golden State next year could suddenly be really good again, with their all time Splash Brothers backcourt returned to health as well as Draymond Green.

If you are looking for an ex UConn guy to be drafted, the best one available seems to be Steven Enoch, who is listed as 2nd round or possibly undrafted. The Ringer had him rated as the 10th best center in the draft, shockingly ahead of Udoka Azuibuike of Kansas, who to me is a huge beast and I would be very surprised if he does not make it in the NBA. I give him a better shot than Enoch to stick around for a while in the NBA.

The best perimeter defender in the draft- always highly valued in the 3 point happy NBA- is Isaac Okoro of Auburn, who is viewed as a stud athlete with offensive potential. It is believed that the NY Knicks may be targeting him with their pick, and there is a shot he will be available.

Deni Avdija is likely going to be the first-ever Israeli player drafted in the lottery, and he’s looking more and more like a lock to the Bulls at No. 4. 7 of 12 mocks see him going to Chicago, but if not, he’ll likely land in Cleveland at No. 5.

It should be an interesting and unpredictable evening, made even moreso by the deluge of trades that are expected.

Last edited:
Here is the latest update from NBA Draft.net. They have Anthony Edwards going #1 to Minnesota, which scares me, I personally would take Ball, as he is more seasoned and you know what you are getting:

Edwards has just displaced Ball as the betting favorite to go #1:

I watched some tape on this kid last night and he looks good on tape. He looked especially good going to the hole and finishing through contact, and has a strong body that looks NBA ready. The jury is out on his outside shooting and decision making. On his tape his jumpers looked pretty good, but 29% 3 point shooting means 71% were not going in, and none of those were shown on the tape. He is one of those kids who you watch tape of and say, is he fearless, or out of control? Someone is about to find out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT