ADVERTISEMENT

UConn At Loyola Marymount

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Game Notes & line-ups : UConn At Loyola Marymount
Looks like they start a larger line-up than vs. the 2 small ball teams so far...
..........................................HT/WT.....REB...Pts.
Buay Tuach......... G/F.... 6-6/185... 3.5... 15.5
Brandon Brown... G...... 5-11/160... 2.0... 9.5
Stefan Jovanovic.. C ... 6-11/235... 6.0... 7.5
Shamar Johnson.. F..... 6-7/255.... 3.0 ... 8.0
Steven Haney...... G/F.... 6-6/205.... 2.5... 8.5

Jeffery McClendon... G... 6-3/210... 2.0... 7.5
Kelvin Amayo........... G... 6-4/225... 4.5... 8.5
Mattias Markusson..C... 7-1/ 240... 5.0... 6.0
Petr Herman............ F... 6-10/235... 6.0 ...4.0

Searching For Elusive First Win, Desperate UConn Faces Loyola Marymount Late Thursday

Last edited:
The line on this game is UConn -6 which actually surprised me, I thought it could be a pick em. I really hope UConn can get on track this game and have something positive going out to Maui. Looks like the Huskies will be tested on the boards. A team like this should probably be pressed initially to see how they handle it. If LMU plays a match up zone someone will need to make some 3s for UConn.

Reactions: UconNell
I will be at the game tonight and hopefully witness a turnaround of this team. I know we have the capability of playing better, everyone just needs to show more effort and passion. All we need our bigs to do is defend, rebound and box out. I am not expecting Brimah, Facey, or Enoch to score in any fashion, but doing the little things is key for them. We need more high pick and rolls at the top of the key and to actually get a flow on offense. Too many times people are standing around waiting for something to happen and it ends up being a contested shot.

Being 0-2 especially to less inferior teams, in my opinion this game is a true test for this team. I never thought I would be saying that so early in the season but first road game and dealing with adversity, this is the time for UConn to prove themselves. Let's hope they can get this W tonight.

Last edited:
Game Notes & line-ups : UConn At Loyola Marymount
Looks like they start a larger line-up than vs. the 2 small ball teams so far...
..........................................HT/WT.....REB...Pts.
Buay Tuach......... G/F.... 6-6/185... 3.5... 15.5
Brandon Brown... G...... 5-11/160... 2.0... 9.5
Stefan Jovanovic.. C ... 6-11/235... 6.0... 7.5
Shamar Johnson.. F..... 6-7/255.... 3.0 ... 8.0
Steven Haney...... G/F.... 6-6/205.... 2.5... 8.5

Jeffery McClendon... G... 6-3/210... 2.0... 7.5
Kelvin Amayo........... G... 6-4/225... 4.5... 8.5
Mattias Markusson..C... 7-1/ 240... 5.0... 6.0
Petr Herman............ F... 6-10/235... 6.0 ...4.0

Searching For Elusive First Win, Desperate UConn Faces Loyola Marymount Late Thursday
Balanced scoring I see with this team... which doesn't bode well for us... Unless a switch turns on and we finally see UConn basketball being played.

We can't rebound, so we go small with Larrier at the 4.

Interesting. At least Ollie is turning over every stone.

Gilbert was the best player on the court in the first half, and now he is out............not good...........

Wow what a bunch of pathetic looking out of control, poorly coached, imposters ...SMH ! ( in game comment ! :mad:)

Last edited:
As ugly a win as I have seen- but a win. Just win baby!!!!! And try to make a few layups and FTs while doing so.

This team is terrible. Not being a D-bag.;.....they just arent good. Gilbert was fun to watch but now I bet that is over for the year. Didnt he have the shoulder problem hit him at the McD's game as well ?

The only guys I'd goto battle with is Adams and Brimah, now that Gilbert is hurt.

When Purvis isn't making shots, he should not be on the floor. And as talented as Larrier is, he isn't a winning player at this point. He was out rebounded in a one possession game with 4 minutes and change to go where he didn't even bother to jump.

And Vital made the big 3, but he missed a left handed layup in crunchtime and then jogged back and LMU hit an open 3. His value is playing 100 mph all the time. Not just when his shot falls.

This isn't all on Ollie the coach, some of it is on Ollie the GM and the staffs ability to develop players(or lack there of).

You hope the light comes on, but it's pretty dark right now.

UCONN battled and are very young. I think by the end of the year you will see a different team. I was at LMU and you can see the team is searching for themselves. The only question I had was why Steven Enoch did not play is he hurt?

The defense wasn't bad in the second half, a few bad rotations but it looked like UConn played hard. The stats were brutal though- boards were 38-34, UConn shot 42% but 6-23 on 3s and 59% on FTs, 15 assists but 13 TOs, just very sloppy stuff. Defensively they did look like UConn should except for still a few too many open 3 balls and there are teams on the schedule that will kill them on 3s if that doesn't get tightened up.

I had the same question on Enoch- if healthy he should have been out there. UConn hurt LMU a little in the paint and Brimah was a factor in the game but that team certainly looked like a team Enoch could get some good minutes against.

I am not terribly optimistic about winning more than 1 game in Maui especially without Gilbert. Teams will zone UConn as long as this poor shooting and disorganized offense continues. Adams and Purvis need to start making some shots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT