ADVERTISEMENT

Uconn Hoops - 2023-24 ( with roster update)

The scouting reports I read on him say that his skills have been catching up with his athletic ability. He was viewed as a raw athlete and has apparently been refining his skills the last season. He was 5'8" going into high school and then shot up to 6'7" in a couple of years. Guys who have these kinds of growth spurts often get overlooked because they take time to adjust to their new bodies and develop. As of a year ago he was 6'7" and still growing so he could even get taller and bigger. The UConn Report preview sees him as a likely end of the bench guy who will not get too many minutes. However I think he could be a factor if he can multi-positional defend like AJ, and switch on different players. There is great value to guys like this, that can switch and defend multi positions with effectiveness. Big bonus if he contributes anything offensively.

On another related note, UConn is really going to miss AJ and what he added especially on the defensive end. There wasn't a single time in the NCAA tournament after the jittery first half of first game against Iona where it looked like UConn was unable to get defensive stops. The defensive performance of the UConn team was very consistent throughout the tournament. Teams had all kinds of problems running their offenses against UConn. And UConn faced premier offensive teams in Gonzaga and Miami. What UConn did to Gonzaga in the Elite 8 was a defensive masterpiece, against the most efficient offensive team in the country. It was a defensive performance that was among the best ever by UConn in the NCAA tournament.

Last edited:
Reactions: the Blades
Last edited:
Various 2024 Mock NBA Drafts have Clingan going #7 overall, and Castle going #8 overall:
Was the last time UConn had 2 lottery picks in one draft Okafor/Gordon in 2004? Or Gay/Armstrong 2006?
True, with Emeka @#2 and Ben @ #3 the only time with 2 Huskies in the top 10....Also Josh and Marcus were "top 23" 1st round picks in 2006 too, making it 4 Uconn 1st rounders.
But as we know 06' was a flawed team with no true back up PG ( AJ Price brain inj) and to many guys worrying about the draft and not focusing on winning ( or so it was speculated) as they lost in the E8 as the #2 team in the country.....but the Huskies have more than made up for it with a 3 NC's with much lower ranked teams since then.

Last edited:
Various 2024 Mock NBA Drafts have Clingan going #7 overall, and Castle going #8 overall:
JJ Reddick has a comment regarding this take on Castle...... from the #1 - 2023-24 prospect above. Matas Buzelis, the US born 6-11 F whose parents both played pro hoops in Lithuania "ultimately chose to play professionally for NBA G League Ignite" this year....HEY Matas, DH still has a scholly open !

Last edited:
Uconn brings back almost half the dunks (67) from last years team....!! :D

And Andre was responsible for the other 50% himself! LOL. But Clingan is going to get tons of alley oop and lob dunks.

Shout to Tristen on bringin' it back ! Clip from KTSM news in El Paso....

"BOSTON – Most of the faces were less familiar, as the UConn men’s basketball team marched up the right field line at Fenway Park. Adama Sanogo, Andre Jackson and Jordan Hawkins are in the pros, Alex Karaban, the one Massachusetts native and a Red Sox fan by birth, was at Jayson Tatum’s camp in St. Louis. So the latest stop on the Huskies’ victory tour, a first-pitch ceremony before the Red Sox played the Mets Friday night, was an experience for some of the newcomers to understand what the veterans accomplished "

Clingan with the pick and pop for 3 !...be a nice weapon to have this year, his form even looks better than AJ's !

Fanta and Dauster go over Uconn's off season moves.....AD Dave likes

NEW measurables now up on the Uconn site.
Clingan now list at 7-2/280
Samson 6-10/225
Roumoglou 6-8/215

All the FR are now listed-
Castle 6-6/215
Ross 6-7/195
Stewart ( reportedly shed some lbs) 6-7/205
Singare
(a little shorter than advertised ) 6-10/220

Last edited:
Here's the roster Uconn sent me for the practice I'll be at tomorrow @ St. Joe's...... before the team heads to Monte Carlo. I see 2 new grad assistants from URI. Berry was DH's starting center on his Rhody NCAA team.

UCONN-2023-24-roster.jpg

Last edited:
I am really interested to see what Roumoglou will give this team. The 3 point shooting seems like it could be good or better, but to have a guy come in from the bench who can rain 3s, a la Joey C last year, would be a major plus for the team.

Reactions: the Blades
Boy don't go out on a limb or anything Jon, LOL!

Last edited:
Rothstein Interview Of Dan Hurley:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT