ADVERTISEMENT

CBB transfer market at more than 700

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Goodman puts together his list again. At a quick glance here's the AAC transfers, ECU lost a whole line-up of players (new school in CAPS):
Terrell Allen, 6-3, 185, G, Grad, UCF – GEORGETOWN
Myles Douglas, 6-8, 215, F, Soph., UCF – SAINT JOSEPH’S
Chance McSpadden, 6-4, 185, G, Grad, UCF – STETSON
Chris Barnes, 6-4, 200, G, Jr., Tulsa
Curran Scott, 6-4, 210, SG, Grad, Tulsa
Zeke Moore, 6-7, F, RS Soph., Tulsa – SIUE
Nysier Brooks, 6-11, 240, C, Jr., Cincinnati
Rashawn Fredericks, 6-5, 200, G, Jr., Cincinnati
Chance Moore, 6-7, SF, Fr., Wichita State – WASHINGTON STATE
Rod Brown, 6-6, 215, F, RS Fr., Wichita State
Eli Farrakhan, 5-11, 165, G, Wichita State
Connor Crabtree, 6-6, 190, G, Fr., Tulane
Caleb Daniels, 6-4, 205, G, Soph., Tulane
Moses Wood, 6-8, 190, F, Fr., Tulane
KJ Davis, 6-5, 200, G, Soph., East Carolina
Tyler Foster, 6-5, 190, G, Fr., East Carolina
Naquante Nardy, 6-2, 190, G, Fr., East Carolina
Deshaun Wade, 6-2, 200, G, Fr., East Carolina
Justin Whatley, 6-8, 240, F, Soph., East Carolina
Dimitrije Spasojevic, 6-8, 240, F, Soph., East Carolina
Antwann Jones, 6-6, 205, G, Fr., Memphis – CREIGHTON
Victor Enoh, 6-7, 250, F, Soph., Memphis

Incoming-
Jakob Forrester, 6-8, 220, F, Fr., Indiana – TEMPLE
Tai Strickland, 6-2, 175, G, Fr., Wisconsin – TEMPLE
Darius McNeill, 6-3, 185, G, Soph., Cal – SMU
Isiah Jasey, 6-9, C, Soph., Texas A&M – SMU
Dazon Ingram, 6-5, 210, G, Grad, Alabama –UCF
Yuat Alok, 6-11 C, Jr., TCU – UCF
Keyshawn Embery, 6-3, 202, G, Arkansas- TULSA
Teshaun Hightower, 6-5, 190, Georgia- TULANE
Cameron Tyson, 6-3, 185, G Idaho- HOUSTON

Last edited:
The transfer market is diluted with guys who are transferring due to playing time issues - some time due to poor fit in a program, some time due to injury or off court issues or academic issues, some time due to too many players at their position, and some time because they flat suck or the coach doesn’t like their attitude or work ethic. For these reasons the kids in that transfer portal have to be carefully researched. What they all have in common is that someone offered them and wanted them at one time. You almost have to sort the pool into layers and assign each possible transfer kid to one of the groups I listed above. Ideally you want kids who had playing time issues for reasons other than talent issues.

The transfer market is diluted with guys who are transferring due to playing time issues - some time due to poor fit in a program, some time due to injury or off court issues or academic issues, some time due to too many players at their position, and some time because they flat suck or the coach doesn’t like their attitude or work ethic. For these reasons the kids in that transfer portal have to be carefully researched. What they all have in common is that someone offered them and wanted them at one time. You almost have to sort the pool into layers and assign each possible transfer kid to one of the groups I listed above. Ideally you want kids who had playing time issues for reasons other than talent issues.
True, there are definitely layers and alot of research needed to be done... which I'm sure the schools looking for transfers are all over it. Just a look above at the incoming guys into the AAC shows that all of those players are coming from the so-called Power 5 schools. Meaning at some point they were all considered high major talent....

Last edited:
Also here's an article today from Dom @ the Courant, showing that there are 2 sides to grad transfer market...

"UConn coach Randy Edsall, looking to kickstart his rebuild, has several grad transfers coming into the program for next season, but has also been burned recently by the process.......defensive lineman Michael Hinton, who graduated from Columbia, committed to play at UConn as a grad student and signed a financial aid agreement, binding for the school, but not the player......Last week, Hinton changed course and decided to play at Tulane, another AAC school, and Edsall believes he will not be able to use the scholarship on another player, because Hinton had signed a financial agreement at UConn......He would also like to see a binding Letter of Intent as part of the process.."

“I see both sides of it,” Hurley said. “I understand the low-major perspective. Low to mid majors are becoming like a training ground for kids to play their way up. I see the frustration of mid-major coaches because I’ve been there. But I also, too, feel that players, like coaches, should have more flexibility to transfer and not have to pay any penalty.”

ADVERTISEMENT