ADVERTISEMENT

Sidney Wilson update

Oz some reassurance would be nice....
Some public reassurance from Sid..... would be the only thing that's nice... these are still kids (and his dad) who have to finalize things,
Oz doesn't need this pressure ( again), LOL ...but here's the full read from Zags/ his pops on the final 3: https://www.zagsblog.com/2017/05/19/2017-wing-sid-wilson-announce-saturday/
Zags: 2017 Wing Sid Wilson to Announce on Saturday

edit: my bad Hooper, just saw you already linked it on the 1st page

Really? Then why did we get MAL? We could use Tremont for sure.

Tremont has always said he wants to go to a program where he will have the ball from day 1. MAL knew that wouldn't be the case in his first as he would be behind Jalen and ALterique on the depth chart.

I really don't even think we are pursuing Tremont, at all. Oz of course would know and he just confirmed that.

I think if somehow we miss out on Sid we will pursue the combo package from UMass, if we get Sid then as Oz said we are done for this year because we are in a good position with a lot of top recruits for 2018.

After Wilson commits? What if he doesn't commit? Waters really isn't an option? Im surprised.
I hear ya......Gotta love recruiting speculation... OZ says no Waters...then the Sr writer on this site says

But overall who really knows what's gonna happen and who is going where ? .... the recruits...that's it..... like with Diallo when he chose UK....everyone else is playing a guessing game( even coaches)......... unless your Calipari...then even after the kid makes the pick he still gets an offer he can't refuse :
Terrence Jones' reversal renews attention on Calipari recruiting tactics

Last edited:
I really don't even think we are pursuing Tremont, at all.
To add to the above I remember you guessed that in the Tremont thread a few weeks ago ..despite the Rivals story....the only one who really knows is Tremont and as with all recruits most is speculation by "the experts" jumping at every word a kid says. ^^^^^^
We might learn more about "interest" after an official visit because NO coaches can comment on players that have not signed with their schools.

“Creighton, Kansas, Syracuse have come into play, a bunch of other schools,” Waters said. “Creighton hit me up yesterday. My dad has been dealing with the other coaches. UConn is (involved) too.”........When asked specifically about visiting UConn, Waters said, ‘I’ve think I’ve visited enough, being from Connecticut and going to camps so I think I’ve visited enough.”
Almost sounded then like a passing thought...but even this was before Uconn added it's 3 or 4th smallish guard, Anderson from Fordham... Anyone seen any recent quotes from TW ?.........

Last edited:
Look some of you a select few have seen my exchange with the staff just yesterday about Wilson.... for all this that haven't....

I asked that Sidney will ride with us right. Great job in getting that done by all!

Response was- yes sir

Then I followed up with so are we done with 2017 now and focus is on 2018 and beyond?

Response- We will be good when Sid officially commits.

So sounds matter of fact to me.... no maybe or IFs or hopefullys in those succinct responses.

So thats all I go by and can go by!!!

Look some of you a select few have seen my exchange with the staff just yesterday about Wilson.... for all this that haven't....I asked that Sidney will ride with us right. Great job in getting that done by all!
Response was- yes sir
Then I followed up with so are we done with 2017 now and focus is on 2018 and beyond?
Response- We will be good when Sid officially commits.
So sounds matter of fact to me.... no maybe or IFs or hopefullys in those succinct responses.
So thats all I go by and can go by!!!
Oz, much respect as always because you've always been out there helpin' the program any way possible.... These are always iffy situations as we've learned in the past ....I hope with the words you heard from the voice that matters..... you and Uconn Nation haven't been KO'd.....again'

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozzie3178
Also as I posted in the baseball thread... our 2 lead guys looked pretty happy Thursday night in Hartford @ the game. Almost like they knew something about recruiting that we didn't....( joke ...hope it's not a bad one !)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozzie3178
So if coaches feel that way then I have no choice then to feel that way obviously.....

You see that's why I hate the media always using those BS tactics to sway kids away....

Why is that cancer of the mouth Goodman tweeting anything about a highschool player right no who is it a 1 and done type...

isn't he covering the draft and NBA playoffs right now

You see that's why I hate the media always using those BS tactics to sway kids away....
Why is that cancer of the mouth Goodman tweeting anything about a highschool player right no who is it a 1 and done type...
isn't he covering the draft and NBA playoffs right now
Read my posts above... 90% of the stuff going on with all this recruiting crap is speculation, agenda driven stuff and click bait.... Is It 6 pm yet ?

Last edited:
Smh... he chose St. John's?? I'm at the gym. Thanks for keeping me in the loop.

I'm texting Rickey right now on what happened...

Maybe St. Johns up'd that housing payment .... that little Louie used to be so good at. LOL !

To be all the way 100 it wasn't KO this time telling me but still.... we can't close for shit!!

Seems as though people should stop saying it's a done deal..
That's what I was selling in this thread when some above and on the other page were talking about "good news"....everything is speculation..... even with coaches

Something's going on and trust I will get to the bottom of this.... I'm not letting this slide!!!

To be all the way 100 it wasn't KO this time telling me but still.... we can't close for shit!!
That's the understatement of the year lately with "higher" ranked recruits...even when they've signed their NLI or are on last years roster....SMH !
Guess it's Jalen and Co... or bust for 2017

Last edited:
It's one thing to lose out on a hami who was Justin using KY to get a draft pick... cool no worries but this to th fuggin Johnnies????? Especially after being confident.... something smells and I'm gonna sniff that sh@t out asap!

Ozzie....just a heads up, when you report it's "a done deal", you are the media to everyone in this forum. Get to the bottom of it and then please let us know where the disconnect was.

Would have been a nice add as I mentioned in January when Corey started this... but the only thing I read, posted in this thread and seemed to matter is this:
Brewster (N.H.) Academy wing Sid Wilson visited St. John’s over the weekend and said it went “great.” “They need a wing and they want to keep the good New York kids home,” said the 6-foot-7 New York native who transferred to Brewster from St. Raymond’s in The Bronx. “There is no better place than home, and no other place like NYC.”

Larrier and Polley are both at his position, to me it's not very complicated. I am more concerned about the 4 and 5 positions.

https://i.imgur.com/oOXDJDU.jpg
search
Just outside of Gampel.

So I got a response a few minutes ago but I will not share it here.... I'm still like wtf even after the response!!!

KSTW...This kid is a wing....versatile and athletic enough to cover bigger guards. That's been a need and is why Uconn was all out to recruit him to their injury plagued 10 man team. I'm concerned that they can't close on some of the only talent left on the board, especially when it looks like KO wants to go small ball with his roster.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shaggydog84
You know I'm not trying to brag or anything. I do it for the love of my school as always but I feel like I work harder than some of these dudes and it's not even my job lolol
OZ, I said it in the past and got crucified by some..... but ....In game/ on the court, off court disconnect with players leaving... recruiting....something has seemed to change in the last year or 2 with this staff and it's not for the better..... it's like they run this program just allowing bad sh#t to happen like they're a bunch of victims....
You gotta fight out every situation and play every play like it's your last .....OK I'll stop.

IMG_8660-1024x1017.jpg

Last edited:
I think KO is a genuine good guy and basketball coach. But he's not a CEO, which you have to be At the college level.

And Even though he's done a great job with the APR and as a mentor to these young men, I believe he'd be better served as an NBA coach. Where his responsibilities would be streamlined.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT