ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Hoops RoundTable -- Are you taking the Huskies or the field?

Richie O

Mar 21, 2016

UCONN IS THE FAVORITE TO EMERGE FROM THE 2024 FINAL FOUR AS THE NATIONAL CHAMPION. ARE YOU TAKING THE HUSKIES OR THE FIELD?​

Cassidy: Give me the Huskies. I’ll usually take the field in this genre of question, but Dan Hurley’s bunch looks to be in a different class than the other three teams for a month or so now. Obviously this month is built on upsets but the depth at work on this UConn roster is unmatched. Add in the fact that center Donovan Clingan is one of few bigs in the country with the size, agility and discipline to slow down Purdue’s Zach Edey should the Boilermakers and Huskies meet in the title game on Monday. Will Alabama make a million 3s and knock UConn out on Saturday now that I’ve picked the Huskies? Of course it will, so Tide fans can feel free to DM me their thanks in advance.

Jordan: No doubt about it, I'll take UConn. I could go deep and give a couple of hot takes on why, but I’ll just say this: The Huskies held Illinois, an offensive juggernaut, to the infamous goose egg and reeled off 30-straight points simultaneously. That will never not be my reason for picking the Huskies. I also think the national championship will be boring because it will be decided fairly early on. Mark my words.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT