ADVERTISEMENT

Sidney Wilson update

Thanks for the update Corey - love the job that you do.

Seems like we are pushing him for 2017 reclassification. Hopefully we are still in on him for either 2017 or 2018. I was disappointed when it seemed like we bowed out on Bruce Brown because he didn't want to reclassify.

I appreciate that. I do believe Sid will remain in the 2018 class for a variety of reasons but can't see UConn dropping off in their pursuit of him, regardless of the year that he decides to come out.

Reactions: jhc08002 and Silk31
Thanks CE, nice looking athlete and bigger wing that I see as a need. Poor man's Ham-D ???.... Is he a solid outside shooter % wise ? Or are they just those highlights we always get from their mix tapes.

Last edited:
So in recruiting we are now after "poor man's Dan Hamilton?" The rich man's version was not exactly the second coming of Rip Hamilton. Although D-Ham recently got his first triple double in the D League he hasn't shot the ball well. However, the reports I read indicated he has become a hellacious defender so maybe that gets him onto the Thunder roster although they already have a guy his size who defends well.

Khalid - I believe the Blades "Ham-D" was in reference to Hamidou Diallo. Sid The Kid is at the bare minimum a super athletic wing prospect. He fits the mold of what Ollie seems to look for in the wings he has been recruiting

Reactions: the Blades
Sid is more of a combo forward. Transitioning into the 3-man position. Needs to get stronger. But very light and quick on his feet which allows for him to cover a ton of ground on offense and also defend various spots. Is excellent from the high post and has begun to extend his range to the 3-pt line. He plays hard, is active, a very good athlete and has really good potential.

Sid is more of a combo forward. Transitioning into the 3-man position. Needs to get stronger. But very light and quick on his feet which allows for him to cover a ton of ground on offense and also defend various spots. Is excellent from the high post and has begun to extend his range to the 3-pt line. He plays hard, is active, a very good athlete and has really good potential.

Not that it matters too much, but do you see him moving up the rankings?

I do. Every prospect is on their own stage of development. Some prosper later rather than sooner. Wilson is on the former path. He has really had an excellent winter at Brewster. Should be a top-50 recruit by the time the spring rolls around.

Thank you for the update Corey! Hopefully Ashton-Langford can help persuade him to reclassify even though it sounds like the odds are stacked against it.

Would say that UConn will be heavily involved with Sid, though Texas has always been perceived as a heavy favorite for him.

My sense is Sid already knows where he wants to go. Maybe it's been Texas all along and he is reclassifying because Bamba might join him for his one year.

Not sure, but I really hope we get him.

I hope this ends up being his only visit. Usually being the first or last visit is a good sign.

I guess this is the new streamlined recruiting? Bring in two guys at the same time and streamline the pitches and presentations? I guess it's conserving resources by not having duplication of efforts?

Brewster (N.H.) Academy wing Sid Wilson visited St. John’s over the weekend and said it went “great.” “They need a wing and they want to keep the good New York kids home,” said the 6-foot-7 New York native who transferred to Brewster from St. Raymond’s in The Bronx. “There is no better place than home, and no other place like NYC.”

Officially ours! :)
Certainly sounds like that from these quotes from his father.

UConn: “The thing about UConn is, Kevin Ollie is very respectful, I like their coaching staff. They’re close to home so they’re still pitching the home element, too. Far away from the City, but not too far away. They had a couple bad games, but they’re looking to turn things around and they’re looking for Sid to be a major part of that turnaround in that rebuilding situation. They brought in a great development guy, [Raphael] Chillious. His reputation speaks for itself in terms of development. And it’s a great campus.”

http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/05/19/2017-wing-sid-wilson-announce-saturday/

Reactions: rta32
ADVERTISEMENT