ADVERTISEMENT

Sidney Wilson update

They should just let the kid play. Come on he never even suited up for SJU. He had a cup of coffee with Mullin in the office and left school and wanted to get out of NYC. Just let the kid move on.

Reactions: Dominicfrank
If the NCAA was legit the waiver is no question but that means it wont even be considered.

i know this sounds crazy, but i'm ok with him sitting out a year. UC gets these skinny ass dudes and they really need to develop some strength. Durham shoulda sat out too. anyway, who's to say he's better than polley. it's such a damn smorgasbord of players, i'm good with him sitting out and having 4 yrs left. Just because we're hurting doesnt mean its the right thing for him to play....IMHO

Shaggy, you may be right, but without having seen him play, it's hard to say. Polley is also a very skinny guy, and what if he gets hurt? Maybe neither are ready, maybe one or the other or both are ready, but without seeing them play at this level, who knows.

Ideally you would like to see both play before pulling the plug and redshirting one.

Last edited:
If he is eligible, you play him and Polley and see who is more ready and then throw a red shirt on the less ready dude. They both need weight. If the strength and conditioning coach is worth his salt, he will feed their skinny asses some pancakes and steaks and protein shakes and beef em up. They need to have bodies of men to be playing at this level and that will eventually come. The new S&C coach is paid to facilitate that process. Let's see what he can do. Although he has some work to do- I weigh more than these dudes and I am a foot shorter.

Last edited:
I agree KSTW, if he's ok to play by NCAA then he plays. I'm just reacting to some who really want him to be eligible & my opinion is I'm not one of them is all. Again, if he eligible then of course he plays. It's all good

Potential is there for him to play right away but wouldn't be too optimistic on it; could be better for the long haul if he does sit out to get stronger and learn the ropes better; not a giant need for him this year compared to next.
+1, Shaggy....Pretty much the same thing our Rivals contributor, Corey, added in this earlier post

Reactions: Shaggydog84
Remember when Ollie said he was keeping a scholly open in case a Drummond fell from the sky and you guys all ridiculed and mocked him? Guess who just got the last laugh......

Not to keep this thread going on for to long, but what the hell......I just noticed this post (#4) back in June from you in this thread 2017-18 (new) Roster and some updates...so are you calling yourself out ????......maybe you should have posted " Remember when " I "...ridiculed and mocked him ? ......that's some funny chit ...:D:

Posted by KSTW in June: " Most interesting comment in that Borges blog is why he (KO) kept two scholarships open. My thinking is because the staff has not found anyone decent to fill them. He is saying someone will fall out of the sky. I don't believe two scholarships should be held open for a couple of prayers. Prayers are for Church, not the basketball court. "

Last edited:
Reactions: Shaggydog84
Yeah I did include myself in that group. But WIlson wasn't even in the prayer category at that time. He literally fell out of the sky!

ADVERTISEMENT