ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Men's Tournament

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
I am thinking UConn men will get a 5 seed. Which is not bad. When was the last time UConn had a 5 seed or better? In 2014 UConn won it all as a 7 seed. So this team will actually be seeded higher than Shabazz, Boat, Giffey, Daniels and Brimah.

NEW MEXICO STATE IS UCONN'S FIRST ROUND OPPONENT. 26-6, WAC CHAMPION:
Winner plays winner of Arkansas-Vermont in the 2nd round, with a possible Sweet 16 matchup against Gonzaga looming for the Buffalo regional winner.

Here is a link to the NMSU fan board. They seem to think UConn is a good matchup for them and prefer UConn to alternate 3-5 seeds. Notably, according to the link to the scouting report on NMSU, posted on the Boneyard and repeated on this fanboy site, NMSU is known for their variety of ball screen defenses.

NMSU fanboys have also correctly noted Sanogo's weaknesses and that he is still learning the game.

more here:

Click image for TV info:

NCAA-bracket-2022-TV-2.jpg

Reactions: CaNOLEE
This is as good a draw as they could have hoped for being a 5 seed.
They dont get a play in winner and NMST is not wonderful.
Many seem to think Vermont can beat Arkansas for some reason.......

Many seem to think Vermont can beat Arkansas for some reason.......
The reason for this is the devastating fashion with which Vermont won the American East tournament, by 40 points, 32 and 40. To win a conference tournament in any league in the country by a cumulative 110 points is impressive.

Any news on Hawkins?

We have to get to Gonzaga and the sweet 16 for this to be a successful season imo. And then you never know.

Reactions: 12rtackerman12
Meanwhile, Joey Bosa plays a week later against the Rams after a concussion, I heard that Michigan lost their pg from a concussion suffered in practice. Another global pandemic? 😊

Well that was pathetic!
Yep, typical DH offense we've seen to many stretches of over and over, SMH ! Playing hand off for most of the shot clock, 25 feet from the hoop, while everyone runs around in circles hoping to get open. Not a guy looking to beat his man, moving the D or even at the hoop, because they're to busy looking for cutters running in circles. tic, tic, tic ! While the ball is stationary ( alot times with a guy like Whaley who can't even dribble.) WTF will Hurley learn how easy this is for an opponents D to guard ? (with all these telegraphed passes and hand offs)

Is he even watching how the other team is taking it to the hole and off the dribble to score?

Last edited:
Reactions: 12rtackerman12
Sanogo 2-6. Consistent in games we struggle in.

and we need to impose our will and dominate the boards in the second half. Hold them to 20 in the second half and win the game.

Sanogo fouling Teddy Allen shooting a fadeaway 28 footer as the shot clock expired, which would have been an airball, might be the worst foul I have seen this year.

Not closing out possessions late with rebounds is unacceptabl. We let one guy beat us.

this pain better fuel a run next year.

how do they let Allen get the ball? put two guys on him.

maybe he needs a defensive coordinator as well Blades.

Reactions: the Blades
how do they let Allen get the ball? put two guys on him.

maybe he needs a defensive coordinator as well Blades.
Yeah DH's really good at letting the opponent/coach do what ever they want to do most of the game. While he doesn't have a clue how to make an adjustment.....OUT FRICKEN COACHED again ! Always the same thing in his loses.. bad offense and dumb BB unitl it's to late to dig himself out of the hole that he's put himself in....

( also 41 points in the 2nd when they finally look at the F#cking hoop and tried to score, but of course Dan couldn't figure that one out----AGAIN---until he's down double digits )

Last edited:
Happy for Josh. i wanted Samson as coach, when we had Ollie. That guy gets the most out of his kids.

you wonder if he’ll ever get another shot at a premiere program.

Happy for Josh. i wanted Samson as coach, when we had Ollie. That guy gets the most out of his kids.

you wonder if he’ll ever get another shot at a premiere program.
Well with Houston doing what Uconn was smart enough to do and had to be inevitable... getting the hell out of the AAC. And now going to the Big 12, Samson may never need to make another move in his career, especially with Tilman Fertitta's $$$ .

I had no idea they were going to the 12. 😂 and he makes $3 million a year, top 20 territory.

He was born in North Carolina, so maybe if Hubert Davis struggles? Although, he’s 66, so this likely is his last stop.

Check out this video of Bennedict Mathurin- I can't tell whether this was intentional or "incidental contact"- what do you think?

Can't believe one of the bands at the Arkansas Gonzaga game is playing Hey Jude. I was just 5 years old when that song came out and remember my father playing the 45 nonstop on the record player. Most people on the board probably don't know what a 45 is, but this one was a biggie:

We could have beaten Gonzaga. Their guards are meh.

we would not beat Duke imo. Still would have liked a chance.

Congrats to St. Peter's and Shaheen Holloway on being the very first 15 seed to make the Elite 8 in NCAA Tournament History.

In the mean time... the overrated B1G continues with new levels of futility:

I hate that 3 ACC teams have a shot to make the Final 4. With only Villanova around to fight for Big East pride. But at least a Big East team made the Final 4.

Kansas looking good right now. They had the same kind of early 3rd quarter surge on Miami that the UConn women had on Indiana yesterday, with great defense keying them flipping this game. I like Kansas's size and athleticism, but they have not made a ton of outside shots in the tournament.

Duke-UNC was an amazing and definitely happy with the result. 😊

but K has shown a lot of class and His last few teams have been almost likable, No Grayson Allen’s or Christian Laetners to hate for 4 years anymore.

The UNC guards looked very athletic and active and their bigs crushed the boards. I had picked Kansas to win it all after the Elite 8 games. But UNC will give them a challenge.

Controversy now over whether Armando Bacot slipped on a loose floorboard, causing the critical TO in the waning moments of Monday's championship game. It looks to me like he just mis-stepped and twisted his ankle. What do you guys think?

The UNC guards looked very athletic and active and their bigs crushed the boards.
Kinda sounds like a description of USC vs. the Uconn women. But I'll go back to this and compare it to both Uconn MBB and WBB's offense. Both Teams offenses Suck !!!

Because the players who can handle the ball in their offenses continue to hand the ball off to bigs 25 feet from the hoop and then run away from the ball leaving it in the bigs hand (Whaley, Edwards, ONO whoever). What ever fool concocted these offenses for Geno and DH needs to be fired.

Keep the ball in the hands of players who can handle it !!! Not some big who should be under the basket or setting screens and never touching the ball that far away from the hoop ! It's the reason you freeze out your own players in your own offense. Having guards running around the court without the ball like chickens with their heads cout off (SMH!)

Don't believe me watch Kansas and UNC offense or USC women for that matter or Calhoun's teams in the past.... the ball handlers (not the bigs) handle the ball period.

Last edited:
The only thing that can be said is that UConn WBB actually does recruit bigs who pass the ball and can run offense and high/low with the other bigs. I think ONO may have led the team in assists. However that stuff gets shut down against better defensive teams. Nobody was beating that USC team which crushed the boards in a big way.

Regarding the men, since Sanogo can't pass very well, it made no sense to be giving him the ball away from the basket. But the guards were not great ball handlers either. We haven't had Khalid El Amin on the team lately.

The only thing that can be said is that UConn WBB actually does recruit bigs who pass the ball and can run offense and high/low with the other bigs. I think ONO may have led the team in assists. However that stuff gets shut down against better defensive teams. Nobody was beating that USC team which crushed the boards in a big way.
Regarding the men, since Sanogo can't pass very well, it made no sense to be giving him the ball away from the basket. But the guards were not great ball handlers either.
Yep, it's like ONO thought she's a 6-5 PG. That's why she gets destroyed by most top teams with height her whole career and was useless. Because she was soft as butter and could'nt mix it up where a big belongs under the hoop. Not her (or Edwards) stuck with ball 20 feet away taking shots out there because they can't dribble. Same with Whaley (or Sanogo) , even if some of em' can hit one once in awhile. It's not a good option on offense.

But at least they (RJ or Martin to his left were the best options) can do it better than anyone else on the team, that's why the offense got stuck so many times.

This also isn't rocket science about guarding these offenses ( but I guess DH didn't know that) It's also why good coaches could made Uconn's offense go into reverse. Like McDermott from Creighton.... he just waits until one of the few guys who can handle, hand it off to the bigs, out there. Then he just denies them ever getting it back while the shot clock is running down. Because they vacated to run around screens and wore theirself out trying to or if they can even get it back.

So now you got Uconn right where you wanted them. A big stuck with the ball who is forced to shoot 20 footers ( McDermott even mentioned it, especially since Sanogo can't) or throw away a pass because they ain't great at that either. Instead of the bigs being under the hoop for an offensive rebound......you know something they actually have a chance to do.

Guards should always be running the offense, unless you have a KG or Draymond Green, which DH didn't have. (or like when Geno figured out keep the ball with Paige and stop handing it to the bigs in that OT game she took over)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT