ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Men's Tournament

Let's not forget the UConn women shot 48% FGs in the regular season and was #2 in the nation. Of course it could be argued most of that was the defense getting them loads of easy buckets in transition. Their halfcourt offense was not great. For most of the year, they didn't have both Paige and Fudd and there wasn't enough perimeter scoring. Having better shooting and shooters can open things up and spread the floor.

This is one thing I noticed about UNC men, they started making a lot of 3s earlier in the tournament and caused teams to be spread out. They had a stretch against Kansas where they took a lot of bad shots and that was what cost them the game I thought. Just taking too many bad shots and allowing runouts and transition baskets to Kansas. If they were slightly more disciplined with their shots they win that game.

Hurley has been talking about "4 out" and they still need to recruit some guys to play that style. Hopefully they can get some guards who shoot and handle a little better to be able to play that way.

Hurley has been talking about "4 out" and they still need to recruit some guys to play that style. Hopefully they can get some guards who shoot and handle a little better to be able to play that way.
Yep, that sounds right...but I'd even go with 3 out, as long DH doesn't thinks it's a good idea to have 2 bigs like Emeka and Josh Boone running 25 feet away from the hoop to take the ball from a guard, in some brainless master plan LOL!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT