ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Womens Tournament

GENO YOU DESERVE TO LOSE.....LIKE HURLEY keep HANDing it to your bigs with 10 SECS left in the SHOt CLOCk 20 fricken feet from the hoop......WHO came up with this Isanity on offense !!!! Don't keep it in your 3 guards hands who can dribble and maybe create off the bounce .... you zero !
What you really should be upset about is UConn not fouling at end of 1st OT- and then giving up a 3 to tie the game with 0.8! If UConn fouled on the inbounds play they win the game in first OT! I will say NC State ran a great play to get that 3 and Buckets had her hands up in the girls face- but UConn gave NC St a chance to tie the game, and they did!

Last edited:
What you really should be upset about is UConn not fouling at end of 1st OT- and then giving up a 3 to tie the game with 0.8! If UConn fouled on the inbounds play they win the game in first OT! I will say NC State ran a great play to get that 3 and Buckets had her hands up in the girls face- but UConn gave NC St a chance to tie the game, and they did!
There was plenty of low IQ stuff, trust me. OR likewise how about Fudd almost fouling on that desperation heave at the end of OT #2 ! Your up 4 pts you don't get within 10 feet of them !

This morning's Register reported that Dorka- whose left wrist is "cleanly fractured and dislocated"- has told Geno she will return next season. I presume she will start, and the startling lineup will be something like this:

Juhasz- C/F
Edwards-F
Bueckers- G
Fudd- G
Muhl- G

Ducharme- 6th woman

If you guys are wondering who to root for in the early game Friday, root for Louisville as South Carolina has the better and deeper team. I do give Louisville a shot to win the game, but I feel that South Carolina's superior size and athleticism will enable them to control the boards and win the game. I am hoping to be wrong.

Great game.

Geno is the goat GM. Average as an in game coach. 14 straight final 4’s is ridiculous.

I dont give us much of a chance against Stanford. Maybe 10%. Not having Dorka‘s depth hurts in both potential games. They’ll need 60-65 from Paige, Azzi and Christin to have a chance.

I would say UConn has a better than 10% chance but less than 50%. Dorka not being available the next 2 games will be very hurtful as Stanford and most likely South Carolina will prey on UConn inside, knowing their foul vulnerability and only having 2 healthy bigs. Geno may be forced to play some zone.

Geno actually looked like he knew how to use his bench last night. Maybe old dogs can learn new tricks.

stoping Boston and SC will take a Herculean effort and a little good fortune. I give us a 10% chance. 😇

I watched the South Carolina-Louisville game and South Carolina just got a ton of easy buckets inside which were no contest type buckets. I think Louisville is a smallish team. Another embarrassment for Louisville was their small white left handed 5'7" shooting guard Van Lith was completely stuffed. She was their leading scorer but got her shot blocked a few times, and then could not get any clean looks. She was completely draped by South Carolina, and at some point looked like she gave up trying to get her own offense. The best player on the Louisville team by light years is Emily Engster who was all over the boards but she fouled out and once she left the game it was lights out.

My thinking is to play a matchup zone and do not let Boston get an entry pass. Once she gets it in the low post it's over. She is also a beast on the boards.

The UConn women are 11-0 and the UConn men are 4-0 in national championship games- a combined 15-0 UConn all time record, which is rather incredible and will be on the line tomorrow night.

Hoping Paige and Fudd are like Davis and Love were for UNC last night.

Fudd, CWill and ONO we’re a combined 7-27 and somehow we still survived Stanford. Making FTs helped A lot.

But they’ll all need to be a lot better tonight. with Dorka, I’d actually feel pretty good about our chances. But as we saw with Duke last night, it’s nice to get production off of the bench when your starting Big has to sit.

And ONO and Edwards are seemingly always in foul trouble against teams with a pulse. It would be nice to see Boston in foul trouble for a change.

Reactions: the Blades
From what I have seen of Boston she is a very efficient player on offense and doesn't miss layups.
True....unfortunately she'll probably eat Uconn for diner. Mainly since she'll be guarded by a SR who always disappears when she's playing top 25 teams plus can't score unless it's vs. a 6-1 center.... because she hasn't gotten better in 4 years and she has the reaction time of a ..........

sloth-walking-slow.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: CaNOLEE
agree about ONO unfortunately, Blades. She is an excellent passer and has a nice 15 foot jump shot, even if it never goes higher than 10’1“.

but she’s never put on the size and strength to battle legit posts players. Which is why she’s so foul prone.

one thing we can’t have are any dumb reach in fouls after a miss from our Bigs. Or moving screens.

I think the bigs will have foul trouble and we will see whether Piath Gabriel or Amari DeBerry get put in the game as bodies. They are 10 fouls. There is also the option to play zone D if the bigs get in foul trouble which is not preferable but may be necessary.

Did Piath travel to Minn,Khalid? She wasnt in bport. But her size and strength could be needed.

Deberry wants to shoot jump shots. She’s a poor woman’s ONO. They both have better chances of modeling than turning into star post players Imo.

This is where getting them minutes other than garbage time, would have come in handy.

• Haha
Piath is with the team, ever since they left Storrs for the Final 4. She wasn't in Bridgeport apparently only due to an academic issue that needed to be resolved.
I think UConn learned from what happened in Bridgeport to have her around if something happens to ONO or Edwards. I should note that Piath improved significantly this year and she is huge. I view her as a viable emergency option.

It's amazing UConn gave up 16 offensive rebounds in the 1st half and is only down by 8. I don't think I ever heard of 15 offensive boards by one team in a half of college basketball.

Last edited:
Destani Henderson was the guard that dominated The game. Clearly the best team won.

take a day off and get in the gym. Brady is supposed to be a much needed rugged post and Patterson has size and athleticism.

we are going to need it, South Carolina is still the favorite going into next year.

In the 2 games against South Carolina, UConn was outrebounded by 17 and then 25. Those are huge, glass pounding numbers, and it is hard to win or be close to winning when you get pounded on the boards like that. And it felt like UConn could not really have done too much about it.

Souh Carolina loses Hendersn and Saxton, but returns most of the rest of their team. If they start Cardoso with Boston as seems likely, they will still be extremely formidable next year. Although they will miss Henderson, who certainly boosted her WNBA stock with last night's game.

Next year UConn will have better guards, mainly because SC's 2 returning starting guards, Beal and Cooke, cannot shoot.

Last edited:
Piath is with the team, ever since they left Storrs for the Final 4. She wasn't in Bridgeport apparently only due to an academic issue that needed to be resolved. I should note that Piath improved significantly this year and she is huge. I view her as a viable emergency option.
No more traveling with Uconn for:

I read Brady is supposed to be really physical.

and Patterson is 6’2 and very athletic. Add in Griffin and hopefully we don’t get beat by 20 on the boards to SC if we play them next year. And I’m guessing we will in the tourney again.

I hopefully we don’t get beat by 20 on the boards to SC if we play them next year. And I’m guessing we will in the tourney again.
The boards were 49-24 in favor South Carolina- beaten by 25. I don't think it ever happened to UConn before, at least not in the last 27 years

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT