ADVERTISEMENT

AAC tourney tweets

Oz, I don't want to be just fine. I want to be great again.

Or as anderson alludes too, Facey gets a touch foul(his 4rth) from behind as their player was straddling the line after scoring 7 straight points and getting us within striking distance.

And the one call they gave us, actually took a point away because we ended up with two Jalen FTs instead of a 3 by Jackson.

We had an excuse this year for our losing record with all the injuries. What's the American ref's excuse?

Reactions: Afghusky15
It wasn't like the fouls weren't going both ways. The problem was that every time UConn got some momentum going their way, the whistles started sounding, and they were invariably against UConn. The one that comes to mind was the bailout foul against Facey when Cincy was inbounding the ball with one second on the shot clock. Not all fouls are created equal. Then there's the obvious point that even if the fouls are called equally, it impacts UConn more due to the depth issues. It would be nice to have seen what would have happened if the refs let them play.

For SMU to be a 6 seed is very, very disrespectful. What more could they have done? They have a team I would not want to play if I was any higher seed in their regional. Would be sweet to see them take out Nova in route to the Final 4.

Canolee I hear you.... But No one and I repeat no one on this planet wants to be greater then myself and those coaches and kids that put their blood sweat and tears in this!

Every thing is good..... unless we win a National Championship. That to me is a great year and only time one can truly say they had a great year! Everything else is a good year.
This mentality will never change here... and if for some reason that does then it will be time to re-evaluate things. We want to win chips. Obviously unless you are the UConn women lol, that is tough to do every year.

Oz, do you think Larrier will be the type of guy that will help you by doing little things(defense, blocking out, hustle plays) and not just things that show up in the box score?

If we had one Big going into the season that was a warrior and we could count on for close to 10 rebs, make his FT's and smart play, I'd really think next year's team could sniff on #5.

Reactions: Ozzie3178
For SMU to be a 6 seed is very, very disrespectful. What more could they have done? They have a team I would not want to play if I was any higher seed in their regional. Would be sweet to see them take out Nova in route to the Final 4.
Read a CBS article that questioned the same thing,
Maryland (6 seed): Feels like the committee could not come to terms with how to handle the Big Ten. Maryland’s not getting a lot of attention for where it is in the bracket, but a 6 is a stretch. Not appalling, but SMU, for instance, is empirically a better team yet on the same seed line.
But once the games start all that matters is that you win. As we Husky fans know all to well.....here's the list:
C6wEITrWYAA4mQE.jpg

Last edited:
SMU being a 6 seed is absurd disrespect and I seriously will root for them to eliminate Villanova, Duke or both. Go Mustangs!

Just for comparison look at the RPI's of both SMU & Cincy vs. seeds ranked 10-30 (notice a pattern ? ...especially the P-5 schools taking care of their own)
10. Florida St. 12-6 25-8 13
11. UCLA 15-3 29-4 16
12. Baylor 12-6 25-7 11
13. Butler 12-6 23-8 14
14. Florida 14-4 24-8 10
15. W. Virginia 12-6 26-8 (24)
16. Purdue 14-4 25-7 (20)
17. Virginia 11-7 22-10 (18)
18. Minnesota 11-7 24-9 (21)
19. Notre Dame 12-6 25-9 (23)
20. Iowa St. 12-6 23-10 (22)

21. SMU 17-1 30-4 (15)
22. Cincinnati 16-2 29-5 (12)

23. Maryland 12-6 24-8 34
24. Creighton 10-8 25-9 26
25. St. Marys 16-2 28-4 17
26. S. Carolina 12-6 22-10 43
27. Michigan 10-8 24-11 30
28. Dayton 15-3 24-7 28
29. Wisconsin 12-6 25-9 32
30. Miami (Fla.) 10-8 21-11 42

Reactions: Ozzie3178
Oz, do you think Larrier will be the type of guy that will help you by doing little things(defense, blocking out, hustle plays) and not just things that show up in the box score?

If we had one Big going into the season that was a warrior and we could count on for close to 10 rebs, make his FT's and smart play, I'd really think next year's team could sniff on #5.

Great post and that is my concern if you will with Terry next year. Making those type plays consistently. He is capable and coaches will get that out of him but obviously remains to be seen. I think Enoch will play is role better next year in terms of rebounding. He is solid there and will really with regular playing time now will understand that role along with the other bigs and guards too will rebound more a la what we saw from Vital this year for instance.

Enoch can board but his positional defense continues to be a problem. I watched him look like a statue on a few plays in the AAC tourney and guys drove by him like he wasn't there. This is not acceptable. I don't understand if the problem is not understanding or seeing plays develop or being afraid to step in front of the driver or both but he isn't a great rim protector and I really hope he can improve on that. He is out of position a lot and slow to react and I am not really sure what the problem is. He doesn't seem to have good defensive instincts. He should be a way more productive player on offense and defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT