ADVERTISEMENT

AAC tourney tweets

I think the fact that our best player, who has been injured, looked like our best player last night gives me a sliver of hope that I didn't have last weekend.
That and it's March and we are the Huskies.

+1, Bingo.... also I'm good with what they got out of Facey and Brimah, sometimes less is more from those 2....The best thing about this UH game was the offense led and created by Adams got the ball to the right guys for the right shots as I mentioned they didn't do vs. USF. Along with JA creating his own looks ( who's probably the only one who can) .......Instead of Facey (also 4 TO's) and Brimah being combined 4-15 on FG's vs. USF, the two of them were 3-6 on FG's vs. Houston. The bigs did get 7 TO's vs. UH between those 2 and Enoch which is way to many for as little as they handle the ball........I would take offense from them if you could trust them for good possessions but lately you can't. So let them score on hustle plays etc, not as an offensive go to option, which IMHO has been a big mistake lately.. Facey/ Brimah got their scores on a couple of offensive rebounds and a lob dunk which is fine. Glad the team, coaches or who ever made the adjustment on O.

Need more good shot selection and inspired D vs. Cincy who always runs good possessions .... have to cut down on the TO's they had the last 2 games 14 vs UH to only 5 for them & 16 Uconn TO's vs USF...... Cincy is not the team you can turn the ball over against and expect to win. As long as ( last night's) JA is demanding the ball on offense to create and working some high screens instead of it ending up in the wrong guys hands, Uconn should have a better shot.

Uconn - UH Box score

Last edited:
Reactions: CaNOLEE
So true, Blades. Our recipe, of dominant guard/wing play and blue collar Bigs, has not only worked In college, but on every level in today's game.

When our Bigs have to handle it for more than two-three seconds, something bad is probably going to happen.

Like you said, keep the turnovers to a minimum(10) and hit the glass. Then if it's a one possession game with three minutes left, I like Jalen to make a few more plays than they do. As well as converting FT's, obviously.

Cincy is a good tackling team. They must have a good defensive coordinator.

Jackson just got stone walked twice like he was trying to run into the end zone. But let's call Facey with a hand on the back.

When the commenters are talking about the refs sucking, they probably suck really bad.

Too bad we aren't playing at home. Oh wait...

Gonna need Durham to play with some toughness. 3 horse shit fouls on Facey.

An early technical might be good.

Some old big east nastiness, like it.

These damn refs!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

If we lose this game it has occurred in these first 12 minutes due to these zebras!!

I mean why we can't get a obvious call to go our way?? We are at home and playing aggressive!! Smh

Reactions: the Blades
We don't have a chance now. Let's see what fight they play with the rest of this game now...

Our player rotations are shot!! Smh

Lmao this little midget troll Cronin talking about Amida should be thrown out for a punch.....

Hahahahhahahaha between him and CFP on this board I have heard it all hahahhahaha

Cronin is a fag asking for Amida to be thrown out over that.

All things considered a 12 point deficit is a godsend.

What are the odds someone in charge of something joins these refs in their locker room? I don't ever want to see this crew again

Reactions: UconNell
Cronin is a guy you hate if he's on the other team, but love if he's yours. You have to admit, that guy gets the most out of his talent.

Get it to a 5 point game with 5 to play and make them earn it. F the refs.

Vital is that dude... epitomizes KO and UCONN basketball at the guard spot!!

Tough tough tough.... did you see that D he was playing on much bigger Washington last possession... that's the effort KO preaches from everybody but unfortunately only see it from a few at times!!!

F that, It's already 5. ' We ain't going anywhere, we right here'!

Paul Giamati will play Nick Cronin when we come back and win this game and they make the movie.

Oz, in fairness, you got to recruit those dudes.

Vital was a kid not in the top 75 and had a chip on his shoulder. For every Jalen Adams, Dan Hamilton, Alt Gilbert, etc... Get me a kid with a chip on his shoulder with something to prove and willing to run through a wall to do it.

That's the balance we need on the roster.

Reactions: Ozzie3178
Cinn has 40% of their points from the FT line. Great game to watch,

We would have had a better game if Renee Caupain reffed it.

Wow a foul on them. Yay!

Proud of these kids.

If they get lucky and the NIT invites them, go win it.

Cronin classy.

Reactions: UconNell
I don't think we will get an invite and honestly I don't think we should go. Team is depleted and tired another game at this point is not really helping...... Off season begins NOW! Get healthy get stronger and stay ready for next year.

Future is bright with the development of JA CV VJ and with all the guys coming back and into program. We will be fine

KO coached his ass off, but can't beat the Zebra's. They name streets after these MF'ers they're called "one way". Then after they took Adams and Uconn out of everything they were trying to do, they try to give an impression they were gonna even things up with some more weak calls. Especially that racist piece of shit Karl Hess who's been banned by the ACC and he's the same dumb MF'er who started the Uconn-Marquette overtime game in the wrong direction and then took a basket( illegally) away from Uconn and cost them the game in KO's first year. The AAC and Aresco should F3cking be bombarded regarding these 3 blind mice. PS... Hope the place is a morgue for the AAC's showcase Championship game today, which it will be, F#ck the AAC !.....end of rant

Jeff Jacobs: Fouls Mounted In A Hard-Fought Game - Hartford Courant
Every time Cincinnati went to the foul line in the final minute of the final game of the first losing UConn season in 30 years, the XL Center was filled with three words. Well, three words and an exclamation point. "Refs, you suck!
"Cronin, like Jim Calhoun, has a tendency to hear what he wants to hear after games. The fiery leprechaun, who also is a heck of a coach, looked like he was going to jump off a box of Lucky Charms and do something that wasn't magically delicious." ...."Here's the bottom line when you start making so many calls. There are going to be more missed calls."

AND THERE WERE TON'S they let Cincy get away with especially since they are always the aggressor, but Cronin seems to think everything was called fine, of course because it went his way.

Last edited:
It was such a horribly officiated game that the conference should be embarrassed.

You even go to a make up call when a foul was called against cinci by a driving Adams & it erased a 3 pointer. Facey & Adams both had two phantom fouls, there was a stretch where contact was allowed when Amida had the ball and every contact was called under cinci's basket. These refs were not consistent, they were calling different games.

That bogus double technical was a perfect example of the refs inability to control themselves.

KO got a warning for being out of the box meanwhile Cronin was outside the box the entire game and nothing. Huskies got flat bullied by the refs. Great job American

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT