ADVERTISEMENT

JUST WIN BABY ! - National Champs !

I don't think Biden does comedy very well, but it was a nice tribute to the team, and he seemed to be well briefed on the UConn season (hot start, midseason slump, hot finish). I noticed that there was a brief, pleasant exchange of words between Biden and AJ after Sanogo handed the UConn jersey to Biden. I wondered if Biden's debriefing on the UConn season included being told AJ was the key person both in the midseason slump and the hot finish after adjustments were made to AJ's role in the offense.

I think it's great that both Yankees and Red Sox are doing something to recognize the Huskies Championship team. The NY Mets already did something:
These teams all recognize that UConn fans exist in their own fan bases and are all doing the right thing. But it's great for UConn to have the spotlight put on them by not 1 but 3 MLB franchises- all 3 of which have large and passionate fanbases, not all of whom are UConn fans.

I happen to root for the Yankees but I think it's great that UConn was or will be honored by all 3 of these MLB teams. When I was a student at UConn, I attended many Red Sox games at Fenway Park with other UConn students and enjoyed the atmosphere, and the sausage and pepper grinders, which always seemed to be better there than elsewhere. So it will be great if some of the team can experience all 3 of those parks.

Reactions: the Blades
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT