ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread Col of Char

Dominicfrank

Aug 28, 2004
Nolan looks bad as usual but Boat looks focused.

Purvis lost on Defense early, Cassell aggressive early but not making anything. Hamilton needs to be found on offense.

Brimah just is so wild........no true offensive skill at all.......wild wild wild.

Facey misses point blank and Purvis looks stiff and just not comfortable.

I know its early but damn this better get better fast.

I like the effort on this team, and they will improve. There are going to be a lot of ugly games though, because they are a really poor shooting team. Not one true "shooter" on the team, though Boatright looks improved in that regard.

I dont like the effort.......

Brimah is a train wreck, yes he has the energy but he needs to calm the heck down. Facey has ZERO energy or passion or something.

Boatright is tired already.

Originally posted by WolveriNut:
There are going to be a lot of ugly games though, because they are a really poor shooting team. Not one true "shooter" on the team, though Boatright looks improved in that regard.
+1.. This........ Purvis is brick city and has no feel for the game despite all the hype.....to many FT shooters look like
they will struggle, which will always let teams hang around...looking for Casell to help from the outside
.... but thank goodness for Hamilton's big 3's at the end. It' gonna be work hard to win with D ...but the offensive skill
set/ vision of these guys as a team does not impress me so far after 3 1/2 games in.

This post was edited on 11/20 2:14 PM by the Blades

I think the offense will get better but really disappointed with Purvis so far. The 3 point shooting was questioned during the offseason and I have seen nothing to suggest that UConn will have anywhere near the 3 point shooting they had last year. You cannot win with one reliable 3 point shooter. I hope Omar Calhoun comes back fast!

Originally posted by KhalidShockedTheWorld:
You cannot win with one reliable 3 point shooter. I hope Omar Calhoun comes back fast!
True, but even Omar is an unknown because he was totally lost last year from the 3 as a 24% shooter
and I don't think he made one in 2014...plus he was only OK...32%... in year one.

This post was edited on 11/20 2:20 PM by the Blades

This is just silly bad....... I have faith in Ollie but this has so far to go to be even an average team this might be too much to deal with.

There is just no flow on either end.

Purvis just hit a three, maybe that one shot can jump start him ?

Two in a row by Purvis was fricken nice..... Then Boat misses him wide open for a heat check three......Boat has to recognize that and get him the ball. Damn.

Boat breaks it down for a 2, looking good......then a three by them and a missed clanked three by Samuels and we are right back to a single digit lead.

That was a nice glimpse though.

The biggest thing that disappoints me is that not one person is flying around. I see a lot of walking, heads down, etc.....

Bazz is a massive hole to fill but I'm telling you Facey for Daniels is a killer. Defenses are playing off Facey like he is a center and if Daniels was there he would be drilling three's. Defenses can just pack it in.

Boy, that was a scary finish, Purvis( glad he hit a couple 3's) looked lost with the clock running down....
Hamilton with the HS cross court telegraph pass and Boat looked to gassed to go get the ball on a
on a couple plays and settle everyone down ....also the D was playing lazy at the end .... sluffing into the lane...
leaving C of C 3pt shooters wide open was very charitable by Boat and T-Sam and whoever else........but
I guess a win is a win and I'll take it...plenty of work to do..

This post was edited on 11/20 3:36 PM by the Blades

By the Numbers --- Box 65 - 57

Things that stand out.... FT's (63. %).. we were spoiled last year ! ....D-Ham 3-3 on 3pt'ers...
Boat 19 pts on 6-14 shooting, 5 ast + team leading 6 rebs . 13 TO's lead by Purvis with 4...
2 games in a row Brimah gets double figure (14 ) pts.

And Uconn has to upgrade (1-6 FG..4 REB, 2 TO's between them) over Nolan, Facey and Rubin
next year....where are you Mr. Stone ???

This post was edited on 11/20 4:18 PM by the Blades

One block.........wow. Nolan just so bad and Brimah to me has barely improved. I hope their improvement comes during the season and I have faith that it will.

Facey needs to amp it up in all areas. He is a freak athlete and can out-jump anyone. HE should be trying to dunk everything and beg them to try and stop him.

Who is UConn's highest impact freshman, who is the last high impact freshman and how do you all think Daniel Hamilton will compare?

This post was edited on 11/20 6:25 PM by TateGorgeous

Originally posted by Dominicfrank:
Nolan just so bad
0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 blocks, 1 turnover, 2 fouls in 13 minutes. He is redefining the term "nonfactor"

This post was edited on 11/20 9:45 PM by KhalidShockedTheWorld

Originally posted by KhalidShockedTheWorld:

Originally posted by Dominicfrank:
Nolan just so bad
0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 blocks, 1 turnover, 2 fouls in 13 minutes. He is redefining the term "nonfactor"

This post was edited on 11/20 9:45 PM by KhalidShockedTheWorld

Oh but his Charge calls really turned the game in our favor.........

Our bigs are not where I thought they would be. Brimah has decent numbers but neither is impressing me rather they have me very worried.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT