ADVERTISEMENT

Dan and Kimani are out vs. Seton Hall

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
6:30 pm @ Prudential Center...TV: FS1

I guess someone else ( Tom Moore) will have to direct Uconn's "Wasted" motion offense that seems like it creates no open looks lately vs. BE coaches / refs. It does seems to tire out their own team running around in circles, for when they come back to the other end and try to play DH's tired man to man D, that can't keep a chair in front of them....

" DH added that as soon as he was done with his postgame press conference, he was going to “lock in on watching” the game film to see what changes need to happen.....But Hurley has to shake things up, somehow, someway. It's why he's making the big bucks. That could mean changes to the starting lineup, or at least his rotations. It could mean schematic changes, offensively and defensively. "

GEE, ya think ?....how about in game adjustments instead
...but since you don't...a 2-1-2 zone with Clingan/ Sanago in the back to stop the penetration might be nice..... and ditch the 1 in / 4 out offense that isn't working anyway with the useless high ball screens ? to keep your best players/ the 2 bigs on the court together.

The Twin Towers Strategy Made a Comeback in the NBA

Last edited:
I didn't mention it on this board previously but I tested positive for Covid on December 5- the first time I ever tested positive - 4 days after I attended the UConn- Oklahoma State game. There is no doubt I got it at the game because I didn't mask up, foolishly, despite bringing my mask with me. I then infected my 85 year old father who tested positive 2 days later (he lives next door and I had spent the whole weekend with him, before testing positive). We both had symptoms, in my case somewhat brutal the first 24 hours and I had to go on Paxlovid.

I am sure Hurley will instruct Tom Moore on what strategy should be implemented and probably be texting him at halftime on any needed adjustments.

Blades although I agree with many of your pointed observations on the shortcomings of the motion offense, the real reason for this skid is that their defense has been terrible. And I think bad defense has also impacted players on offense mentally. I agree that zone defense should be used in some situations, but you have to see how it goes. In the St. John's game Hurley didn't show a zone look until way too late in the game. Seton Hall is an opponent that isn't shooting the 3 ball well, so it should be an option. Hopefully things will turn around starting tonight.

As a fan, none of this is what you want. But as The Rolling Stones once sang, you can't always get what you want. Sometimes you have to roll with the punches.

#4 was in the paint the entire shot clock.

and Sanogo has reverted back to his inconsistent self from last year. For every 2 good plays, 2 bad ones.

Is it coincidental that every run we go on Sanogo is in a lazy boy with a clip board and a Gatorade bottle? Do they keep +/- in college?

As far as brutal losses goes, this one tonight, in which a 17 point lead was blown and Seton Hall didn't even have a lead until the final minute, was pretty high on the list of brutal losses. I would say it was even more brutal than the brutal loss they had at Seton Hall last year. What was common to both games was UConn's guards got shredded by dribble drives.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT