ADVERTISEMENT

#1 UConn vs. #2 ND

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
Best wishes to the UConn girls tonight, they just ascended to #1 in the polls and have to play at #2 ND tonight at 7 pm. UConn replaced ND at #1 although ND did not really do anything to lose the spot. It was more UConn impressing voters by having beaten 4 ranked teams so far.

So the winning streak is at 82 games and it will end eventually and it could end tonight.......or not. This UConn team looks very resilient and tough to me so far. They were certainly tested by Florida State on the road and they won that game with big plays at the end. Hope to see more of the same tonight.

The boys should watch the girls take a charge. Our bigs try and contest every shot at the rim and usually get called for fouls whether they make contact or not. Brimah is a different story.

Solid first half by UConn but there is a clear drop off when UConn had to put Collier on the bench with 2 fouls and Butler came in. Butler is not the scoring threat UConn thought she would be. She is pretty much a big body and rebounder but doesn't really have much offensive game.

Butler needs to watch some Bill Lambeer film. I thought she'd give you a little more offense after what I saw last year. She's someone that will take advantage of the lesser opponents and struggle against elite size and athleticism.

I'd like to see Dangerfield make a few more plays in a game when the lights are shining the brightest.

Gabby is my kind of player. Let her suit up against Ohio state.

Next years team could be Geno's deepest?

Tonight in the first half (win or lose) was the first time I thought they legitimately could win it all this year. It won't be a gimme, but it's amazing to watch the culture of this program.

83 in a row for UConn! They are now 8-0 with 5 wins over ranked teams and have won the 83 straight overall. What a great job tonight by Williams, Collier and Samuelson, all played 40 minutes, none picked up more than 3 fouls. UConn was simply the better team tonight. Gabby is the glue to this team, she is the defensive backbone and seems to hold everyone together.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT