ADVERTISEMENT

Yahoo wont leave it alone.............

Dominicfrank

Aug 28, 2004
Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski tweeted that depsite public statement from Ollie, Ollie has SIGNIFICANT interest in the job.

F yahoo but you know what if its true I will have a few choice words for Ollie.

Yes right now I'm with you Dom...F*ck the media at this moment for not dropping it. They seem to really be grasping at straws and twisting words around, but if this does end up being true then KO will have completely severed any ties to UConn with him leaving after that statement.

As much as I love KO, I would have a hard time ever forgiving him if that's the way he goes out

Dom, I wrote about this douche bag in the Miller thread but won't mention his name... same guy who spent hours going through Uconn phone records
with Cal's other Umass butt buddy to try and take down Calhoun..... lot of dirt being thrown around....bottom line if he's wrong... he's calling KO a Liar...
TOS even thinks that those two Yahoo's are shit stirrers for one of your favorite coaches......bottom line is who knows, time will tell... money talks BS
walks but...KO even comes out with a statement and he's trying to be discredited.....and If he somehow did leave... I want Jim Calhoun back to finish
up his contract...he hired him ...WTF !!

Last edited:
Media Twitter posts are creating a lot of problems. Cincinnati Reds Manager Bryan Price forced to excoriate media with profanities due to Twitter postings that allow players to get news before he can deliver it to them:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/redsblog/2015/04/20/bryan-price-reds/26101107/

This is a real problem in baseball where roster moves are constantly made.

Regarding KO having interest in the OKC job..........who knows, I think it's all speculation, and I think Ollie issued that statement because he had to, but who knows what the man really thinks. Honestly, I don't think there is any job security in OKC as there will be intense pressure to win, Durant might very well have a bad wheel and if Ollie gets fired after one year, then what? He has to have though about this, one would think.........

Here is another example of Media abuse of power. Krishnan Guru-Murphy harasses actor Robert Downey Jr. in an interview for channel 4 news in the UK, causes him to walk out of the interview, and then brags about it on his twitter (harassment begins at the 4:30 mark):

This guy is a self-promoter and most of the people in power positions in the media are not there due to talent but rather self promotional ability or ability to sensationalize.

Media always have "sources". Lmao ask KO talk to him... See what he has to say himself.... How about that... Media????

Dunn is a 1st round draft pick according to NBADraftNet so it would probably be wise for him to come out.

I have zero reason to place more trust in the media and their "sources" than I do in words straight from the source's mouth. KO issued that statement for a reason, he wanted to quiet all the rumors and put the focus on UConn and doing his job to better his team and himself for the upcoming season and beyond.

If KO were to leave after issuing that statement then he will tarnish his legacy and everything he has stood for at UConn and that doesn't seem like something KO would do. He may ultimately leave one day when he feels the time is right but I feel like this isn't it and he would do it the right way

KSTW- So odd, I actually saw that Downey Jr piece yesterday as well.

If Ollie goes I would be happy for him for sure. I also think we would get a great coach to replace him.

KSTW- So odd, I actually saw that Downey Jr piece yesterday as well.

If Ollie goes I would be happy for him for sure. I also think we would get a great coach to replace him.

To head down another trail now that this has all washed out. Eventually I believe it could happen.....the NBA is a cutthroat place
that a coach can be out of a job, in a minute, so that has to be a serious concern with a move to the league for any well paid college
coach ( see none other than John Calipari your fired and Nets fail ). And there is a lot of concern in OKC about keeping their stars from what I've read.
I think Westbrook can opt out after 2016-17. But the gamechanger Durant is a FA in 2016 (did him and KO talk about that ? ). KD could end up in a
number of places....will he go tinsel town ? I do think KO has some ties with that town, but that's just my speculation, LOL ! And if he did go to the NBA
wouldn't KO want to know where his star player is gonna be after 2016 ?

Which leads me to your statement Dom. There is a name out there that I would love to see join the Uconn staff......I wouldn't mind:
Donyell Marshall who is movin along as a college coach:
2010–2011
George Washington (asst.)
2011–2013 Maine Red Claws (asst.)
2013–2015 Rider (asst.)
2015–present Buffalo (asst.)

But the the guy who could be an X-factor and I think could be a great head coach is the other Marshall.....Donny.

Still works out with the Husky guys, he's great communicator obviously ( since that's what he does for a
living), loved by the NBA guys as much as KO to the point that Jason Kidd and Kenyon Martin went
to their GM and asked if they could pay his salary for team chemistry and because he was a great teammate.
Federal Way's Donny Marshall excelling on the bench for Nets

So the question is what could Donny possible be make working as a broadcaster, because he seems like a natural and a leader of
men. Maybe he has to many outside business interests( I read he owns a golf course) and it's a time factor, but $3 mil ain't chump
change and if the Uconn lineage will continue if KO does leave someday, no offense to the other guys on the Uconn bench( 2 who have
been HC's)....to me Donny is a no-brainer.

Last edited:
To head down another trail now that this has all washed out. Eventually I believe it could happen.....the NBA is a cutthroat place
that a coach can be out of a job, in a minute, so that has to be a serious concern with a move to the league for any well paid college
coach ( see none other than John Calipari your fired and Nets fail ). And there is a lot of concern in OKC about keeping their stars from what I've read.
I think Westbrook can opt out after 2016-17. But the gamechanger Durant is a FA in 2016 (did him and KO talk about that ? ). KD could end up in a
number of places....will he go tinsel town ? I do think KO has some ties with that town, but that's just my speculation, LOL ! And if he did go to the NBA
wouldn't KO want to know where his star player is gonna be after 2016 ?

Which leads me to your statement Dom. There is a name out there that I would love to see join the Uconn staff......I wouldn't mind:
Donyell Marshall who is movin along as a college coach:
2010–2011
George Washington (asst.)
2011–2013 Maine Red Claws (asst.)
2013–2015 Rider (asst.)
2015–present Buffalo (asst.)

But the the guy who could be an X-factor and I think could be a great head coach is the other Marshall.....Donny.

Still works out with the Husky guys, great communicator obviously ( since that's what he does for a
living) loved by the NBA guys as much as KO to the point that Jason Kidd and Kenyon Martin went
to their GM and asked if they could pay his salary for team chemistry and because he was a great teammate.
Federal Way's Donny Marshall excelling on the bench for Nets

So the question is what could Donny possible make working as a broadcaster, because he seems like a natural and a leader of
men. Maybe he has to many outside business interests( I read he owns a golf course) and it's a time factor, but $3 mil ain't chump
change and if the Uconn lineage will continue if KO does leave someday, no offense to the other guys on the Uconn bench( 2 who have
been HC's)....to me Donny is a no-brainer.

Blades, I like the idea of Donny Marshall. He's articulate and has charisma for days. Both traits you want as the face of your program. Ollie is a basketball lifer and I think he has a fierce work ethic, high character and as a result, is a good role model for the kids. But can he sell a parent on life after basketball for their kid?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT