ADVERTISEMENT

vs. UNC-Wilmington - FRI- Nov 18 @ Gampel

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Late(r) night start - 8:30 pm - TV: FS2

click image -
OOC-4-UNC-W-2022-23-stats.jpg

After watching that dismal 10 minute stretch in which UConn could not make a shot against Buffalo, it became apparent that the 3 starters were missed. With Andre, Jordan and hopefully Samson all back soon, this team becomes scary deep. It's been a long time since UConn had a team this deep. In terms of just guys who can play the guard positions, it's as deep as any team they have had.

The line on this game is -18.5. Considering that UNC Wilmington has had a tough early schedule that saw them lose at #1 UNC by 13 and at Oklahoma by 21, the line seems fair. It will be interesting to see, if AJ and Hawkins play, how the team will look. I would think that Newton will now start at PG, Hawkins at SG and AJ will be used as a point forward with Karaban and Sanogo at the 4 and 5. That could be the starting lineup for a while now. What I am most interested is seeing how the team moves the ball on offense, how the offense looks late in the shot clock, and whether the defense will produce transition offense as in the last game.

I have tickets for 2 Gampel games, December 1 against Oklahoma State and December 10 for LIU. I prefer seeing games at Gampel over XL because the rims are softer, the students make it louder and it's more of an atmosphere of college basketball. The XL Center is sterile like a hospital and I generally avoid those games. So I am looking forward to a little better shooting tonight and more intensity!

Gampel over XL the students make it louder and it's more of an atmosphere of college basketball. T So I am looking forward to a little better shooting tonight and more intensity!
Hopefully they ( some) will be on hand because I believe they are off on school break as of today. If not I'll try to make up for them, LOL!

I know they will be there December 1 and 10 which is why I bought for those games!
DEC 1, it should be good but not so much on the 10th. Like this week, the kiddies usually vacate too once they're are done with finals ( 1st week of DEC) and don't comeback until the end of January. It was about maybe 1/4 of the students that are usually there, last night. But still way better than the KO days when Gampel was like a morgue with the students gone.

Took the team awhile last night to stop with the dreaded perimeter passing and to finally start attacking towards the hoop. Which got UNC-W's defense on their heals and scrambling/out of position.. After that it was a fun offense and shooting was nice again from the arc (45.5%) @ Gampel..... hopefully they can take some of that shooting to the XL on Sunday with almost a full team now. I saw Nova only beat DEL St, the next up, by 10 points.

Reactions: CaNOLEE
The one thing I noticed last night is Clingan was having all kinds of trouble hanging on to the ball like it was buttered. He fumbled away the ball at least 5-6 times it seemed like. Last night was his weakest performance to date

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT