ADVERTISEMENT

vs. St. Johns at MSG

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Had a fun trip down to the Garden with other donors on the Uconn Foundation bus trip, so shout to them. Huskies made it complete with the guys giving the loud and loaded arena full of Uconn fans our moneys worth. Nice to see a Joey C performance, back in full effect. Got a little sloppy at the end and easier for the Johnies to once again attack the rim with Clingan out. Since there's not a consistent outside scorer on their team and all they do is drive. DH really needs to figure out how to play DC and Sanogo in at the same time vs. these type of teams. But the revenge/job got done..... keep it rollin'.

Last edited:
I have been saying all year play Sanogo and Clingan together against these rim attacking teams that have no shooters. Coach Hurley has largely seemed averse to it. I also don't understand why Clingan is playing 13 minutes when he isn't in foul trouble of any kind. He would have had double digit blocked shots today if he was played for 25 minutes. I thought when Karaban was in foul trouble that Clingan would be put on the floor with Sanogo. But it didn't happen, and also we haven't seen Samson Johnson at all. The season is winding down and there are only 2 more games in which to conduct experiments, so I hope it is considered.

Reactions: the Blades
Had a fun trip down to the Garden with other donors on the Uconn Foundation bus trip, so shout to them. Huskies made it complete with the guys giving the loud and loaded arena full of Uconn fans our moneys worth.
And I guess the Johnies fans didn't like it, LOL!

Note: this is from our Husky legend who was in the house!

Last edited:
Regarding the crying by St. John's fans: it was mentioned during the CBS telecast that (1) St. John's can't keep good NYC players in NYC any more and (2) part of the reason why is that SJU has substandard facilities compared with other Big East schools, which is exactly why they are playing UConn in Madison Square Garden.

You know that's ridiculous crying. St. John's fans can come out and support their team. It's always been like this and nobody was crying when St. John's had Chris Mullin, Walter Berry and Mark Jackson on their team and they were kicking UConn's ass. Now that they are getting their asses kicked by UConn again like they were back from 1990-2013 when UConn was in the Big East they are crying again. Maybe they should show up and support their team or their grads can donate to upgrading their facilities like UConn grads have done. Instead, like Georgetown, they have become a consistent suck-ass program with entitled fans clinging to the very distant memory of when Chris Mullin, Walter Berry and Mark Jackson were on the team and thinking those days will magically come back. Their fans should be embarrassed because their program is nothing more than a graveyard for coaches and has been for 30 years. And now they will add another corpse to that cemetery in the form of Mike Anderson who is actually a good coach but had nothing to work with as far as shit facilities and inherited the shit personnel his predecessor left him. SJ coaching cemetery is littered with some impressive coaching bodies including Mike Jarvis, Fran Fraschilla and Steve Lavin, all of whom had their coaching careers wrecked by saying yes to coaching there. Any self respecting young up and coming coach should say NO! And run the other way after taking one look at that coaching graveyard St. John's is running. It's as littered with bodies as some battlefields in Ukraine.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT