ADVERTISEMENT

Update on Shabazz Napier

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
Here is the latest Bazz material: not much has changed, he is still stuck behind McLillard, waiting for someone to get hurt so he can get PT. He seemed to play well last year when he got the chance, and as revealed by the comments in this Oregon media report, the fans appreciate his efforts:

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/i..._trail_blazers_training_camp_shabazz_n_1.html

At least he is in The League, which is more than can be said for DeAndre Daniels and Ryan Boatright. Shabazz is the only guy on the 2014 team who is in the NBA. And he is basically an end of the bench dude.

At least he is in The League, which is more than can be said for DeAndre Daniels and Ryan Boatright. Shabazz is the only guy on the 2014 team who is in the NBA. And he is basically an end of the bench dude.
True..... that's what leaving at the right time and being a first round pick will do for you. It's a nice paying job if you can find the work..;) All guaranteed :

2014-15 Miami Heat NBA $1,238,640
2015-16 Orlando Magic NBA $1,294,440
2016-17 Portland Trail Blazers NBA $1,350,120
2017-18 Portland Trail Blazers $2,361,360

Blades, more significantly, the fact that Napier is kind of "hanging on" as the only player in the NBA from that team magnifies the incredible accomplishment of that team in winning the 2014 NCAA championship. They decisively beat 3 very good teams in the Elite 8 and Final 4, shot 88% in FTs for the entire NCAA tournament, and played just about the best team defense a team can play. They certainly did not win because of talent. Their talent level was good, their team play was beyond excellent. I still do not believe Ollie's role in all of that was a pure coincidence.

Reactions: UconNell
Well you said it before, record FT% or they go home. Then Brimah's 3 pt play in game one vs. St. Joe's or they go home. Then add in the fact that they finally got a huge "homecourt " ( at MSG, their home away from home) advantage in the sweet 16, which for years was never the case in the NCAA's.... usually just the opposite. ( vs. Florida in FL, vs. UCLA in Cali, vs. UNC in Greensboro, vs. Texas in TX, even vs. George Mason practically in their own backyard...or vs. Mich St. in MI in the FF)
So it just seemed that all the stars aligned for the 2014 run. Then you add in Bazz who was a coach on the floor & throwin' in daggers that even had Calipari shaking his head.

Last edited:
I would like to see another run like the 2014 team had in our lifetime. Maybe it's asking for too much but it was fun to watch.
True "Dat"........ I had a feeling that year and just watched....didn't post on the Uconn Report for the entire NCAA run..... didn't want to screw up the Uconn "JU JU" by running my mouth on this board ...LOL !!!...

Reactions: Shaggydog84
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT