ADVERTISEMENT

UConn - Seton Hall

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
No love for UConn from Fox Sports, whose 2 so called studio experts Jim Jackson and Casey Jacobson both picked SHU and they also have SHU posted as a 1.5 point favorite.

ughhhhhhhhhhhh
The 1.5 is looking like a lock 5 minutes into the game...................

UCONN is putred offensively
Its embarrassing

Keep playing 2 bigs that are zero threat to score DH. Its working SO well!!!!!!!
DH taking basketball back to 1957 trying to win 40-38

4 minutes left in the first half.
UCONN is being completely destroyed and embarrassed by an average Seton Hall Team.
The game is not competitive.

UCONN got down 14-2 with their vaunted 2 bigs who cant shoot lineup.
Once DH realized its 2021 and removed one of the offensive cripples, the game was UCONN +3
Not sure if they keep +/- stats in college.
If they did I suspect Isiah Whaley would be close to -20 for the half...............

It's amazing watching Martin launch his power drives into these humongous bigs Seton Hall has. He has no fear. But SHU size has been a big problem in this game.

This dreadful performance reinforces what I’ve felt since the calendar turned to 2021

UCONN is NOT making the tournament

Their Big East record is fraudulent. They got fat on the bottom feeders of the league with all the postponements.

They will lose the majority of the remaining games against the likes of Nova, Xavier, Providence, Seton Hall, St Johns.

I don’t care about the Bouknight injury, this is a total disappointment. And it ain’t getting much better whenever he gets back.

When does this supposed great recruiting turn into actual success on the court???????????????

The majority of the game they are playing 3 transfers from mid majors and Isiah Whaley.

Fed up watching talentless garbage basketball.

On a bright note, Gaffney had 20 points, which I think was his career high, and he more or less kept the game respectable. I noticed that he uses glass on almost all of his driving shots, whether they are mid range or shorter jumpshots, and he does so well. But UConn struggled with SHU's size and they did not seem quick enough to neutralize it. But UConn also did not get much out of any of the seniors. Whaley and Polley had very disappointing games on offense, but Whaley had to cover Mamou which is not an easy job for him. The dude is 6'11" and 240 while Obiagu is 7'2" and 250. Just too much big size to contend with.

Do UConn need James Bouknight? yes! I just don't think he's the reason why UConn is not winning these games. I feel like they should have won most of the games that they have lost.

Gaff and Cole aren't good PG's. Both want the spotlight for points scored and could care less about being distributors. Gaff's 20 points did not KEEP US IN THE GAME....his selfish need to score 20 cost us the game. 2 assists from him and Cole killed us. NOW, this is also on the rest of the team to help those guys out by flashing and moving....providing them options.....but together...that was pitiful today. PITIFUL.

I don't think I agree Dom. Gaffney had a good shooting % today. The driving lanes were open to him and he took full advantage. UConn was needing SOMEONE to score and Martin, Polley and Cole did not have many open looks. Gaff 5-11 FGs and 8-9 FTs. He only had 2 assists because guys were not cutting and getting open. On almost all of his drives he had creases where he could get into spots where he could take good shots and he did take good shots. It's on the other guys to cut to the hole and move without the ball and not stand around. And BTW nobody had more than 2 assists- Cole had 1. None of you guys have given any credit to SHU for playing good D and using their size and length to shut down passing lanes. Maybe sometimes you have to tip the hat a little bit. The teams that have size and length in a matchup zone can be very hard to generate offense against. PC was held to 43 at home in their last game by SHU which I think was some kind of record against PC. UConn did score 73 because they pushed the tempo a little and SHU pressed a little bit which kind of surprised me. But it was mostly just traps designed to make the ball handlers give it up. UConn just could not sustain any consistent offensive flow.

The PG play has been mostly disappointing this year but when you don't get scoring or assists it's even more disappointing. Going forward we do need Gaffney to be able to have confidence to drive and score and he is one of UConn's better FT shooters for late in games. I prefer him shooting late game FTs to anyone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walker_15
Fair take my friend. I can see your more positive spin on him today. Fair enough.

I just have a take on those two that spans back to the first few games and for me has held true. Gaff is trying to beat out Cole and Cole just has been a big let down. Neither look to be PG's that get this thing going....they arent looking for their teammates....I think they both are looking for points.....their own points.....

Gaff is the biggest culprit in this for me....he got the ball last year based on no other option and this year I think he is a better player and I like his potential....I see him as a kid who is looking out for his stat line over the W for the team. Just my take for what I see.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT