ADVERTISEMENT

UConn-Nevada Girls

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
53-26 at half, as Nurse has 18 points on 5-5 on 3s. UConn’s guard play has been superb the last 1.5 games, Nurse and Dangerfield are just doing a great job running offense and making decisions which is why UConn has 53 points at half after putting up 96 against a big physical MSU team.

I had thought Nevada would be the weakest opponent on the OOC, but they are actually pretty good. They were scrappy and Zeller played very well in the post. The main issue they had is their guards struggled with UConn’s pressure which is not like anything they have seen. Nevada could probably beat some top 10 teams on that court but UConn plays too fast for them.

By the ways Stevens again looked very good except she again looks a little more foul prone which I think again is due to being asked to do things defensively she didn’t have to do at Duke. Zeller also made an aggressive move at the end of the half and caught Stevens out of position.

Samuelson and Camara will likely be back Sunday so Stevens will not have to play the heavy minutes she is playing now such that she may not need to pace herself as much.

Nevada playing UConn very tough and with Stevens out of the game UConn struggling a bit. Nevada is a team that ha some real toughness as they took a big punch in the first half and kept playing hard.....

k99, you automatically put KLS in the starting lineup? She strikes me as having the confidence to come off the bench, whereas Z might go back into her shell.

Either way, we basically have 6 starters. I think he needs to get Stephens in the game and in the flow sooner than he did pre Katie Lou injury if she goes back to the bench as predicted.

KLS is the best offensive player on the team and shows signs of morphing into a Diana Taurasi/Maya Moore level superstar. Yes, she is automatically back in the starting lineup. Stevens will be 6th man barring further injuries.

KLS also hustles and sets a tone with her work ethic. She was also showing signs of evolving into a very good defender. Players with these attributes never come off the bench for anyone. I also do not believe in the theory of starting someone because they are supposedly mentally fragile coming off the bench. The 5 best players start in basketball. What might be good for one player is NEVER put above what is best for the team.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT