ADVERTISEMENT

Uconn NBA stuff

Kemba Walker reaches 10000 career points..... "The Hornets point guard became the first player in franchise history and 29th player in NBA history to reach 10,000 career points Saturday during the team's 113-112 win over the Heat. ".
Kemba who is a free agent next summer ( Hornets Want Kemba to retire In Charlotte ) is also off to a good start after 3 games leading the NBA @ 35.3 ppg. :
NBA Scoring Leaders

PS. Jeremy Lamb is starting along side Kemba....and Andre Drummond is once again at the top of the league in NBA Rebounding - Leaders

Last edited:
Reactions: UconNell
Elsewhere on the Husky watch here's another ho hum 20-20 night to start the year right for Andre:

Drummond only recently turned 25 years old and is clearly an improved player over the last few years. His rebounding has improved, led league with 16 last year which was an almost Rodman like total, FT shooting was 60.5% (career high by almost 20 points), which was really a shocking improvement to respectable. This year he has improved more and is shooting 75% on FTs! I think the improvement he showed on the line last year, for a guy who was a career 37-38% FT shooter, was unprecedented in NBA history. I would be willing to bet cash money that his increase last year over his previous best year was an NBA record. Of course he had no place to go but up, but still impressive and I did not see it happening. In basketball, guys are usually who the stats say they are, especially with FTs. He must have worked very hard, otherwise his past explanations for his bad FT shooting, that he wasn't used to the growth changes in his hands and arms, may be the truth. The motor skills and muscle memory finally caught up with the growth.

Nice flop, what a zero....Embiid told reporters . "We lost, so I'm not supposed to talk trash "........

Embiid is very conscious of working the refs. In the old days, big strong NBA centers were viewed as babies if they cried about fouls. This started to change when Shaquille O’Neal was subjected to “Hack A Shack” strategies He began to squawk that just because he is big and strong, it doesn’t mean he doesn’t feel pain when fouled. He was posturing to get flagrant fouls called. Embiid has now picked up that torch. It’s a matter of perspective whether you think he is a big baby or a well coached professional athlete looking to work the refs through media complaints.

One could say it is trash talking with a purpose other than needling the other player. One could also say he is a prima Donna and big baby. I guess it depends on whether you are a 76ers fan. If Embiid went to UConn undoubtedly we would be praising his actions.

Last edited:
KSTW, skip the blah, blah blah , all I know is you said Andre would never make the NBA on this board. Then every time his success is brought up you go off and it's more blah blah blah about his FT's...now that it got better what's next ? ...this thread is about Uconn guys in the NBA.... so yeah Joel Embiid ? F#CK him .....personally you proved you don't know much about the pros, so maybe you ought to stick to your opinions on legal topics, LOL!

Last edited:
I never said he would not make the NBA. I may have said he wouldn’t be that great in the NBA. His shooting and his defense do still need work although he has improved. I have credited his improvement. The Embiid story is one I posted because it’s a brewing rivalry with a UConn player which is what makes it interesting. And worth talking about.

On another note the Pistons won that game because of a 50 point performance from Blake Griffin and Drummond and Griffin might form the best 1-2 rebounding punch in the NBA. The 50 points were the most in a game by a Piston since Rip Hamilton dropped 51 in 2006 and prompted kudos from Rip.

Nice flop, what a zero....Embiid told reporters . "We lost, so I'm not supposed to talk trash "........
I didn't mention it but I watched some of that game besides watching BOS slam LA in the WS. Interesting part about " Pistons won that game because of a 50 point performance from Blake Griffin".... is that the Pistons wouldn't have won without Andre.... since Dre grabbed ahold of Griffin earlier and kept him in the game. He needed to calm him down when BG was ready to go after a Philly guy for a cheap shot.

Kemba Walker is 2nd in the NBA scoring at 27.9 ppg, while Andre Drummond is again leading the league with 16.6 rebounds per game, while also averaging a career best 19.6 ppg.

Kemba is also averaging a career best 6.3 assists per game, has the highest FT% of his career (it's gone up every single year), and is also flirting with his highest rebounds per game average, while shooting a very respectable 38.3% from 3 point land.

Hornets 117, Celtics 112 Kemba Walker, who had 60 in his last game and now leads the league in scoring, went off again with 43 points, five assists and seven 3-pointers, and Jeremy Lamb stayed hot with 18 points and six boards.

Reactions: UconNell
J-Lamb finishes it off for Kemba ( near triple double) vs. Andre and the Pistons

It took alot of time in the D/G-League, but after 3 years D-Ham got his 1st start in the NBA for the Hawks...in his 14th NBA game he had career highs of 8pts &
6 rebs to go along with 3 assts (only 1 TO) in 15 mins. ( ps.. Hawks seem to be in the race to the bottom in the Zion Williamson sweepstakes)

Daniel Hamilton: Joins starting five Monday

If your gonna link it.... spare us the shitty ESPN feed:
edit- this ones even better, shows alot of highlights but look at Kemba at the end, he turns away thinking it's a loss after Lamb's shot:

Last edited:
one step bellow but:
D3P4daQW4AA33Ib.jpg:large

Kemba wants to stay in Charlotte:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...othings-changed-charlottes-where-i-want-to-be

I think Kemba is misguiding his loyalty. I do not think Charlotte is a well run team. He needs to go out there and offer his services to the highest bidder. The Knicks might be a good opportunity if he is grouped with another max free agent like Kevin Durant. If Kyrie leaves Boston, Boston could also be a good opportunity although they might let Kyrie walk and hand the job over to Terry Rozier. Denver is another possible destination.

Kemba Walker is 2nd in the NBA in 3 pointers made per game, to Harden, by a very narrow margin. While Harden is only shooting 31.8% on 3s- and is only a 36% career 3 point shooter- Kemba is shooting a blistering 44.4% from 3s, which is Stephon Curry territory. Kemba is also a 36% career 3 point shooter but unlike Harden, he has improved his % in recent years and had run up some high 30s percentages - which is good - before finally surging up and over 40% so far this year.

Meanwhile, Drummond continues to commandingly lead the league in rebounds with almost 17 per game. Drummond has led the NBA in boards 3 straight years, 4 of the last 5, and his current average of 16.8 would be the highest rebounding average in the NBA since Dennis Rodman averaged over 17 in 1993-1994. Nobody has gone over 16 per game for a season since Rodman in 1996-97, the year of his 6th of 7 consecutive NBA rebounding titles.

Last edited:
I've been watching more Celtics games than I have since Ray played for them seeing we get all the Boston games up here in the Hartford area. Kemba did it again last night after a sleepy start to help clinch the Celtics 10th strait game. It was Kemba who sealed a 4th quarter comeback.
Kemba's huge 4th quarter helps Celtics grind out ugly win

I would love to see Andre opt of his last player controlled year ($28,751,775) in DET to join Kemba on the C's next year. It would be Uconn heaven to be able to see those 2 together. Andre deserves to play for a winner like Kemba (after all those years in CHA) and I don't know much about salary caps but the C's only have Kanter for a true center on a 1 year low money deal ($4.7 Mil) plus an option, in the rotation. Plus it looks like the Celtics have one of the lower team payrolls in the NBA.

It would become the best Uconn watch in the NBA since I used to follow the Jersey Nets when they had Marcus Will, Josh Boone and Uncle Cliffy all teamed up together...but with 2 way more impactful players.

NBA team Salaries

P. S. regarding Andre (stats)...don't look now but where did this come from ?.......Never seen a guy be so bad (38%) in his first 5 years to then get up to 60% on FT's the last 2 seasons and this year he's close to 70%. Another amazing thing is he's been in the league 8 years now and he's still only 26 years old......

Hey Royce White !!!....glad you had your 15 minutes of fame and hope you get your issues figured out ( sorry you wasted a #1 HOU) ..Andre says HI !

Last edited:
The Celtics have been getting away without starting a true center and it remains to be seen how that will play against teams that have really good true centers. They are also playing without Gordon Hayward who was starting to play great basketball and then was injured when he got blindsided on a pick set by LaMarcus Aldridge. First time I ever saw a guy get his hand broken on a pick.

Drummond would be a great addition to their team next year, but for this year, I look at the guys they are running out there at Center and am very nervous about matching up with Embiid of Philadelphia, Giannis of the Bucks who is more of a big forward, and even Gasol on TO. Kanter is not good defensively and never has been, he is good as a garbage offensive player and rebounder but he cannot cover any good center playing in the NBA. He is probably best played as a power forward.

Kanter is not good defensively and never has been, he is good as a garbage offensive player and rebounder but he cannot cover any good center playing in the NBA. He is probably best played as a power forward.
that's a huge LOL!.... If Kanter had to to play PF he might as well quit the league. At about 6-11/ 265 he has a tough enough time under the basket. Could you imagine him trying to guard all the stretch 4's who play positionless BB now in the NBA if he was forced to the perimeter ? .... One more reason for Andre and the C's.....get it done Danny Ainge !

Last edited:
Kanter is usable against more traditional PFs but I agree that he would be useless against some of the perimeter oriented 4s in the league. With all the teams that Kanter played for, teams tried to hide him on D, and my recollection is both the Knicks and Thunder used him as a PF although not with great results on D.

It’s not like Kanter is the only slow footed big man teams try and hide on D in the NBA. He just happens to be more focused on for bad defense because his offense and rebounding are starter-quality so teams are constantly in hide mode with him.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT