ADVERTISEMENT

UConn Freshmen

TateGorgeous

May 10, 2014
1) Who is the best freshman in UConn history?

2) Who is the last great high impact freshman?

3) How do you think Hamilton will compare to the last impact freshman?

1) I would say Nadav Henefeld.

2) Jeremy Lamb was a huge part of a championship team. He put up high efficiency numbers as a freshman and played great with Kemba

3) I have only watched highlights and seen box scores so I don't know. He seems like he can just step in and be good from the beginning.

Corny Thompson had a great frosh yr...although I think his production went down each yr from the previous I my memory serves me.

Donyell Marshall I think too had a solid frosh yr.

Earl Kelley also comes to mind.

That a good list Shaggy,
and Earl was probably the best scorer as a Fr. on a bad team.( 17 a game) besides Corny.

I can add:
* Dyson scored double figures by default and flying drives to the hoop but was a bad shooter(36%) as FR on a team that
had no clue on offense and a bunch of 1st year players.

Ray Ray was an efficient scoring option (51%)as a FR on a good team that lost to Florida at FLA in sweet sixteens
(OH those missed FT's Donyell !)

I'd say Kahlid El-Amin had the most impact, was close to Earl in scoring and was the biggest game changer as a FR
for a Uconn team. Ricky Moore didn't really have true PG skills but thrived off the ball as a defensive stopper and side kick.
KEA like Henefeld (who was probably number 2 in the last 30 years as winning impact guy) just played the game like a 30 year
old veteran. Daniel Hamilton can be the number 2 guy behind Boat this year so he should be right up there.

.....could also add Doron Sheffer as an impact FR

This post was edited on 11/21 9:27 AM by the Blades

Caron was my favorite. I thought he had an immediate impact on a young team. Of course he was probably 20 years old as a freshman.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT