ADVERTISEMENT

UConn an 8 Seed, Texas a 5 In Latest Bracketology

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
How can this be?

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Texas is taking it to #3 Oklahoma on the road tonight. This was a team UConn beat on its home court. Granted Texas has improved since then but so has UConn.

This is complete nonsense. Does anyone think Villanova wants a 2nd round game against UConn? Exactly Like they had in 2014? Nothing would be better than an 8 seed if they put UConn in Brooklyn.

I would rather play Villanova than Maryland in the 2nd round. Any day. And the NCAA has to be kidding if they seed Florida ahead of UConn. Come on now!

Finally getting some love from the CBS brackets guy who didn't think much of Uconn a couple of weeks ago..... he now has Uconn as an 8th seed too.... but at the end of the day can't fall back and it doesn't matter what these "experts" think..... this is revenge week vs. Temple and Tulsa.... gotta take care of business if they want to move up.
Jerry Palm's projected bracket

His comments from the end of Jan.:
  • Connecticut: UConn is probably the team I get asked most about. The Huskies have been in and out of the rankings this season, but I haven't had them in a bracket before putting them in the First Four today. They have a couple of nice wins over Texas and Michigan, which are middle of the bracket level teams at the moment, but they have an unfortunate collection of losses. Four of the five teams that have beaten UConn are either not likely to be tournament teams or teams that the Huskies would be competing with for a spot in the field. They have losses to Gonzaga, which is also one of the last four teams in the bracket, Tulsa, which is in the field as the American Athletic Conference leader, and to Syracuse and Temple, which are out for now.
  • UConn fans point out that the team has been without C Amida Brimah for the last ten games. That's not really much of a factor. The Huskies beat Texas without Brimah, but also lost to Temple and Tulsa. They beat Michigan before he broke his finger, but also lost to Syracuse and Gonzaga. They are who they are. Brimah is expected back before too terribly long and if he's that big of a factor, they'll have the stretch run of the season to show it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT