ADVERTISEMENT

UConn v. Creighton Bluejays

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
This is a very dangerous opponent and not an automatic or easy W. They have beaten Villanova by 20 points (although lost by 34 in the 2nd game at Nova) and also won at Marquette in Double OT after blowing a 17 point lead. They have excellent size up front and the best young PG in the Big East in freshman Ryan Nembhard, whose older brother starts at Gonzaga. 4 of the starters average in double figures led by Alex O'Connell, the Duke transfer, who is a dangerous 3 point shooter. I am guessing AJ will cover him. Creighton is a legit quality team with a shot at making the NCAA tourney if they can win a few more big games, like this one against UConn,

Looks like was should have been +10.5.

we can’t make shits, outside of Whaley early. But no excuse for letting them kill us on the boards.

I like that they are letting both teams play. It would be fun to watch, if we weren’t playing like crap offensively.

Looks like the XL Center shooting disease continues. Seems like its something DH has cultivated in these guys heads and now it's becoming reality. He's made it known how much he likes Gampel compared to HFD and now it's more like guys playing my turn throwing up bad shots they're scared to take anyway, rather than working with each other for good ones.

Creighton certainly hasn't had any problem searching out shots and making a bunch of prayers. What a bad half of Uconn BB, sad to say it looks alot like the PC game.

Last edited:
Adama pass when your triple teamed instead of slamming it off the rim .. Martin was wide open underneath for a lay-up !!!!

Last edited:
AJ can you do any worse things with the ball over and over...SMH and stop shooting... your off balance joke of a shot is putrid ! ( stop shooting off the wrong foot on your drives, who taught you this ?)

Last edited:
Well I guess that 2 hour practice today at the XL really worked Dan.... :mad:

29% shooting at home. I thought UConn shot consistently poorly the whole game. They were not running good offense. BTW McDermott is now 4-0 against Hurley the last 2 years. It's developing into ownership of Hurley by McDermott.

I didn't listen to the full interview Ian posted, but read the following this morning. DH just about sums up what we watched.

“I was stunned at being down 10 at halftime,” he said. “It should have been down four at the half. We did bizarre [things] with the ball. We didn’t look like a well-coached team. I am embarrassed by that. I am embarrassed by how we played. UConn should never look like this.”

To many guys doing to many things wrong offensively or shooting pathetic shots either to quick or playing away from what would be a good shot within their skill set. Which takes you right out of a game. No matter how good your defense is and tries to make up for it.

And the worse thing is certain guys still don't know the difference between what a good shot is for theirselves or a pathetic, forced attempt.

Is it me, or does it seem like our shooting keeps getting worse every game?
It especially seems to be the case at the XL as I mentioned in game. The boneyard has a whole thread about it and it seems like DH despises playing home games there from different comments he's made. Seems like it's become a head case thing shooting wise.....But he needs to get over it and convey that to his team. Marquette is gonna knock their socks off next week if they don't.

Calhoun never had a problem there. Actually some of the best Husky wins came in that building when he started his thing and over the years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12rtackerman12
I think teams are defending the ball screen offense well and last night Creighton decided to leave Whaley open and guard the other guys. The individual shooting stats from the 3 primary scorers:

RJ- 5-16
Tyrese- 2-9
Sanogo- 3-10

And throw in AJ's 2-11 to offset 8-13 from Whaley.

The team only had 8 assists and obviously way too many contested shots. Polley and Hawkins missed some open 3s, but I noticed Polley only seemed to have one clean look at 3 all game, and missed. I don't understand why Creighton got open shots for their 3 point shooters but UConn could not. UConn halfcourt offense looks like it has gotten worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12rtackerman12
AJ can you do any worse things with the ball over and over...SMH and stop shooting... your off balance joke of a shot is putrid ! ( stop shooting off the wrong foot on your drives, who taught you this ?)
Can AJ go back to 7th grade and learn how to play the game beside dunks which are useless in CBB 99% of the time...... this kid is poison to winning besides his rebounding and an occasional defensive play. Never saw someone who gets so much hype taking his team out of games with such low IQ BB and pathetic shots over and over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT