ADVERTISEMENT

TV Coverage of UConn Basketball???

The only issue is on You Tube TV tonight I am getting all channels EXCEPT the Pittsurgh-Cleveland football game on Fox which I wanted to watch.
Regarding Fox, CBS, NBC and ABC......Here's another thing that cable companies don't want people to know......Remember over the air TV ?......well it's been so long most people forgot about it , but for a one time purchase of 2 items (about $70 ) you can still have free TV for life.

I also purchased this for back-up in case cable or internet goes down or if I ever wanted to drop the TV bill all together..... Believe it or not the picture is better than cable and I get all 4 major networks in HD, plus another 30 or 40 channels ( but not cables channels) in the Hartford area. There is even a sports station called Stadium (link- Your source for sports) free over the airways too.
It works like your own mini cable system. They have indoor antennas too, but it took me minutes to set up the much stronger one on my roof, then you run a coaxial cable from antenna (it rotates for signal strength) to the converter box and the remote next to your TV..... and just like that you have TV ( especially the 4 majors, CPTV, Stadium, etc) , free for life.

Product Title- Zimtown 150Miles Outdoor TV Antenna Motorized Ampli ...
Current Price $22.88 -

and a
RCA Digital TV Converter Box & DVR Recorder - $49.00

Last edited:
My solution is probably what everyone else is doing. Cut the cord....With my triple play way over $200, .... get rid of the phone & port my home number I don't want to lose to a place like Number Barn since I have another number/mobile phone.... And then no more cable. You keep the internet (negotiate a price... probably $60-90 a month ) and sign up for a streaming service that carries the Uconn channels that apply....Both Hulu + Live TV- $45 a month and YouTube TV -$50 offer a free week trial and both have a similar channel lineup of around 60 or 70..... you can punch your zip code at the links I posted to see the exact ones...
but here's a general look at the sports channels each carry for CT......click to enlarge:
Sports-Streaming-CT-north-H-YT.jpg

I had been very happy with YouTube TV until 2 days ago when they cancelled YES network. Dealbreaker for me because I am a Yankees fan and watch every game. Therefore I have no choice but to cancel YouTube TV and enroll with Hulu Live TV.

Ah YES, the battle of the carriage fees and providers never end....( PS ....Comcast carries the Yankees again, so I guess now Comcast is OK ;))

20160309_inq_yes09-b.jpg

I don’t like feeding greed but in the case of the Yankees/YES I go by the motto “sometimes you need to make a deal with the devil.” I gotta drop YouTube TV and get Hulu Live TV. I am not happy about it, because I have come to like YouTube TV, but just like losing UConn and SNY was death to my Frontier cable service, so was losing the Yankees and YES a death to YouTube TV.

Just an update: I cancelled Frontier Cable because they dropped SNY from their package and then signed on with YouTube TV. This was per advice of Blades last year, which was good advice- until May 2020, when YouTube TV dropped YES. Dropping YES, and robbing me of the Yankees is like dropping SNY and robbing me of the UConn men and women.

So I cancelled YouTube TV today. I am hunting a best package of SNY and YES. It looks like Hulu live TV might be my only option, although fubo offers YES but not sure on SNY.

Any other options?

On another note- the Yankees have a SERIOUS squad this year. They are the best team in the American League. The Dodgers are the only other team on their level although David Price has opted out of playing. As usual health will be the big issue deciding how far the Yankees go. They have a team filled with injury prone guys but the good news is they are very deep and they will have a 30 man roster and all 30 guys are legit MLB players.

I hear ya KSTW, I went from a $250 a month triple play(w/ phone & cable) contract with Comcast to $77 a month for just internet awhile back...(and still saved my phone number for $2 a month).... I also cancelled all streaming services months ago since there was no sports anyway. I've just been watching all the free content that is available on my ROKU device ( even ESPN has some free content like the Jordan-Last Dance series) and any local stations when needed for free from the pay-one-time, TV antenna set-up I showed you above. I will probably get a streaming service if fall sports start-up...but here's a link for you Yankee fans in the mean time and a comparison chart I made a few months back.... NO Charge, LOL:

2 days ago- What streaming services have the YES Network? | CordCutters

May-2020-comcast-channel-line-up.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like Hulu Live TV is my only viable choice for the YES/SNY dual package, unless I went to another Cable package (Comcast) which I really do not want to do.

ADVERTISEMENT