ADVERTISEMENT

the new recruit search (by school) format is horrible

ktuck911

Jan 11, 2002
... maybe rivals did it this way to cater to it's full time members, but if not, it sucks, not even worth the effort to review/try to figure out who UCONN is recruiting in football or basketball... better options are 247 sports and uconnplaybook.com ...

... maybe rivals did it this way to cater to it's full time members, but if not, it sucks, not even worth the effort to review/try to figure out who UCONN is recruiting in football or basketball... better options are 247 sports and uconnplaybook.com ...

This is a beta for a full search tool coming out later. You can still access the old one here: https://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/recruit-search

As far as the value of UConn Report membership, 247 or Scout don't even have anyone actually covering UConn. They're just aggregating articles by other on players who have UConn on their offer list... I think we're doing a lot in terms of content that is not offered elsewhere, particularly in basketball, where we have interviewed a slew of top-100 players about UConn.

Reactions: blenner
So does this mean everytime we want a list of who we're recruiting, whether it be football or basketball we need your assistance to get there? with or without a full subscription? I realize this site has been exceptional in terms of covering UCONN football and MBB, but this format change didn't do any fans like myself that keep track of who we're recruiting... It's just too tedious... It used to be fun...

Reactions: the Blades
Understandable. Rivals has been on a lengthy platform upgrade process, and part of it is going to involve a revamped recruit search tool which should be, hopefully, much better. In the meantime the basic tool can find a player for you easily if you're looking for one, and for other stuff you can temporarily use the link above.

I'll ask the guys above what kind of timeline we're looking at.

BTW, there's some commits that I know of that aren't showing up in this database on kids we're recruiting: i.e. Deon Jones (Maryland), Robert King (Temple), CJ Holmes (ND), Ethan Wiederkehr (Northwestern), Andrew Steuber (Michigan), Kam Jones (Louisville), Ben Mason (Michigan), Olakunle Fatukasi (Rutgers), Darian Street (Pitt), Ifeatu Melifonwu (Syracuse), Collin Smith (W. Virginia), ... to name (quite) a few....

BTW, there's some commits that I know of that aren't showing up in this database on kids we're recruiting: i.e. Deon Jones (Maryland), Robert King (Temple), CJ Holmes (ND), Ethan Wiederkehr (Northwestern), Andrew Steuber (Michigan), Kam Jones (Louisville), Ben Mason (Michigan), Olakunle Fatukasi (Rutgers), Darian Street (Pitt), Ifeatu Melifonwu (Syracuse), Collin Smith (W. Virginia), ... to name (quite) a few....

Therein lies part of the problem. That database isn't going to have updated info because prospect profiles have been upgraded to a different platform, which is why the (very basic) new search tool exists.

Upgrading systems is a work in progress. these are some of the pains we have to temporarily deal with. Like how you can't use part of your house when it's being renovated. In this case, the whole house is being refurbished room by room. I don't anticipate this tool being a problem for very long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT