ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Loss a Problem

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
Texas is looking like a possible bubble team and I hope that it doesn't come down to Texas and UConn for the last spot......it could, especially after Texas beat Baylor tonight. They are 7-10 in the Big 12 and probably need 2 more wins...........and then they are right on that fence.

If we get 3 more wins and get to 20, it would be criminal to keep the defending champ out.

I wish it were that easy Canol (i'm italian so i just can't get myself to pronounce the ee) :)

if they finished with 20 wins that means they would be 20-12 and lost their 2nd AAC tourney game. With only 1 team ranked in the top 25, it's hard to argue that a 20-12 team with no clear big W's (maybe SMU, but none out of league), will make the tourney. If I were doing the picking and did not see the name UConn on the record, just the #'s, i wouldn't be picking them.

Maybe a stretch if they finish up beating Memphis & Temple, then getting to...and losing a close game in the AAC finals.....would get them over the hump i don't know.

But i hear ya, it would be a shame if they don't make it. Unfortunately the years of the BE are over, so that 20 win barrier is no longer the measuring stick for the huskies anymore (maybe 25 now?). it's a shame, but it is what it is.

UConn could actually finish 20-13 if it were to lose its last two regular season games and win the AAC tourney. That scenario would result in an automatic bid. But there are two other ways to get to 20 wins:

win 1 of 2 regular season games and 2 in the AAC tourney;

or

win 2 regular season games and 1 in the AAC tourney.

I think either of those scenarios would, coupled with being defending champs, get UConn the nod. It would be better if they could get to 21 by winning the last 2 regular season games and then winning 2 in the AAC and making the finals. But I think 20 will do it - only because they are defending champs and defending champs with 20 wins should get in.

In the future though, I agree 20 wins will not be enough, and the schedule will need to be upgraded so that if UConn has 21-23 wins, it will be enough.

We could have 30 wins in the AAC and still get a low seed by the NCAA. The NCAA has a hard on for getting UCONN so I expect NOTHING from them. I think we must win to get the AUTO bid and am enough into the conspiracy theory that I think the NCAA makes sure winning the AAC doesn't happen.

My 2 cents...if they don't win the AAC it's the NIT bound...can't lose to Houston at #272 and have 12 of your 17
current wins vs. teams ranked #175 or worse and expect any favors from the committee......................
Read it and weep RPI - Connecticut..... so it's win at the XL or fugetaboutit !

This post was edited on 3/3 12:44 PM by the Blades

I forgot about the loss at Houston. I didn't see that game and don't know what the hell happened. That is a very bad loss. The Yale loss at home was bad as well. If UConn doesn't win the AAC you can certainly argue against their inclusion in the NCAA. But they could also go to the NIT and win it.

Weird.... who would of thought that Dayton (#29) now looks like the 2nd best win after SMU (#20)..... slightly ahead of
Tulsa(#30)......Florida really tanked and they're all the way down to #83...bottom line... Yale at #70 wasn't the worst but
Uconn let way to many wins slip through their hands because of inconsistent play along w/ the 3 games they lost because
of FT's ( Yale, Tex and Temple)

This post was edited on 3/3 12:57 PM by the Blades

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT