ADVERTISEMENT

Suckitude of Boston College and Rutgers Reaching New Lows

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
Have any of you guys noticed that Rutgers, after being pounded tonight by Michigan State, is now 0-17 in the Big 10 while Boston College is an illustrious 0-16 in the ACC?

Yep, these two former Big East cellar dwellers are a combined 0-33 this year playing in their new Power 5 conferences as they get their asses kicked on a regular basis. Of course does this come as any surprise???

Which leads me to ask: how long will this totally uncompetitive play by these teams be tolerated? At some point when a team loses all its games in conference, fans stop attending games and stop watching games. At that point their brand and market cease being valuable to their conference. How long before that happens? Or did the Big 10 and ACC invite these teams because they were looking for someone to be the bitches for the traditional conference powers?

Reactions: tmbmtm
Exactly, BC's going for the double bubble..But everyone knows that the B1G only took Rutgers because they are Cable box U..so the B1G is laughing all the way to the bank while they even have better access to New Jersey's loaded FB recruiting area.....and the ACC took BC to get into that lucrative ;)..Boston market, you know the one where no one watches college sports because they are about 5th in line after Boston's 4 pro teams ..... I said this years ago with BC, they wanted to be New England's college team because they were sh%ttin' their pants when Uconn went to the BCS level in FB. After going about 0-28 in a row vs. Uconn in BB they didn't want a repeat in FB and knew they could get passed by. So they thought they won and decided to play for a paycheck, but they're so cheap that they lost their FB coach (Tom O'Brien) to a team in their own conference and are just now talkin' about upgrading their facilities. It cost Defilippo his job... so I hope he's happy with the train wreck of New England that he left behind. Was that his plan ???

Last edited:
Reactions: Shaggydog84
Here they are.... the faces of New England's team:

ESPN College BBall ‏@ESPNCBB 8h8 hours ago

BC becomes 1st team in ACC history to go winless in both basketball & football conference play in same school year.

Cczj-QXXEAUs2iX.jpg

Speaking of BC and the ACC they are finally making headlines again in the Boston sports scene :

Ivan Maisel ‏@Ivan_Maisel 22h22 hours ago
Great piece on Father Leahy driving @BCEaglesSports into ditch. Nice to see @BostonGlobe covering BC again

" Ten years after BC entered the ACC, the big money of college sports continues to cascade into the university’s coffers. But the sorry state of the school’s showcase sports has depleted morale, sapped attendance, diminished BC’s national athletic stature, and prompted calls for action. The university also faces a diversity problem. Every head coach of BC’s 31 sports teams is white, and the university’s 51-member board of trustees does not include any African-Americans."

More than a year has passed since BC won an ACC football or basketball contest, a record 27-game losing streak. Home football attendance has dropped to its lowest point in 25 years, largely because season ticket sales have plummeted by more than 60 percent since BC joined the ACC.

Boston Globe - BC's big revenue sports hit bottom, stirring scrutiny

Last edited:
This is the issue that P5 conferences are going to have. The bottom feeder teams are leeching off the conference and not giving anything back. They are taking but not giving anything. Although in theory the Boston market made them attractive in the first place, if nobody is watching or going to their games the attraction ceases. They should be asked to shape up or ship out of the ACC.

That's what I never understood about the ACC and how they expanded...... taking a small private school, who no one in Boston really cares about...to add to a bunch of other small privates the ACC already has. If they had a little foresight and added Uconn they would've got an entire state who brings all the eyeballs because of no pro teams. Uconn would've also brought them the 3rd largest enrollment in the ACC. Then you look at the B1G or the SEC with state-land grant schools/ all the "University of's" and the ACC wonders why it doesn't have conference TV network while those two are making a fortune with their networks.

Last edited:
Without checking I don't think they've lost 34 consecutive conference games. I think they've only been in the conf for 2 years prior to this year and they went to a bowl game their 1st year so they would've had to win league games to qualify.

Maybe I'm off on this but I don't think so.

Yeah you are correct, Rutger did win 1 conference game last year, beating Indiana for a 1-7 mark in the Big 10. So Rutgers is 1-10 in their last 11 B1G games and BC is 0-11 in its last 11 ACC games.

I think I confused the suckitude of the football team with the suckitude of the basketball team. So much sucking going on that I made an honest mistake. LOL.

I think I confused the suckitude of the football team with the suckitude of the basketball team. So much sucking going on that I made an honest mistake. LOL.

+1....Yeah and when you look at those other guys from Chestnut Hill, they both continue to live up to that P-5 pedigree...especially in conference.....I'm sure the ACC and B1G are just thrilled with their choices...;)

Also breaking news: Rutgers Kicked Out of the Big Ten ;)

And the story added: "The AAC and Sun Belt conferences have already released statements explaining that under no circumstances will they allow Rutgers to join them. Rutgers athletic director Patrick E. Hobbs is reportedly exploring a move down to the FCS level, though another possibility could be a move to the Big 12 who is both looking to expand and attracted to teams who don’t bother playing defense. "

Maybe you should check the article. It says (satire) at the top. You guys are just so jealous that RU is in the BIG and you did not ]get into a P5 conference. It is killing you that you are still stuck in the AAC.

Maybe you should check the article. It says (satire) at the top. You guys are just so jealous that RU is in the BIG and you did not ]get into a P5 conference. It is killing you that you are still stuck in the AAC.

And Rutgers fans are oblivious to the fact that they only got in because of cable boxes not because they were an attractive choice.

How's claiming Uconn's nba earning as your own working out for bball recruiting

Reactions: the Blades
Maybe you should open your eyes and see think wink ;).added to the title......but your a Rutgers fan..... I guess the best thing you can do with your time lately is spend it trollin' other fan ( BB ?) sites.... because it sure ain't watching FB...LOL!

It says satire but every word of it could be true. This is historical suckitude. And apparently you never read any of my posts that quote Confucius in saying, "tis better to be Big Fish in small pond than guppy that is eaten by Whale in the Ocean." Confucius actually did originally said that, and he was a smarter man than both of us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT