ADVERTISEMENT

Time for the European Tour + pre tour open scrimmage

THE #'s-
7 guys in double figures, Diarra and Ross a bucket short, ROMO hitting the boards w/ 7 rebs

F2zGDcVXsAA5E1N

Last edited:
17 3s is pretty sick, also Karaban and Newton combining for 9 of 12. 3 point shooting is not going to be a problem for this team, but would like to have seen Romo stroke a couple. I will take the 7 boards, 6 of which were offensive. I thought there could be a player in him and looks like there just might be.

Although the highlights I saw look good, the team they beat, although champions of the 5th division in France who have moved up now to the 4th division, are probably the equivalent of division II college talent in the USA. We all know playing Kansas at Kansas is going to be a tougher game. That being said, I am and have been excited by the potential and depth of this UConn team. I said from the time they signed Spencer- this team has the most legit chance of a repeat of any of UConn's 5 defending champion teams. I don't think a lot of people think the same thing, even among UConn fans. But I am perfectly fine with UConn flying below the radar - again.

Last edited:
Reactions: the Blades
Although the highlights I saw look good, the team they beat, although champions of the 5th division in France who have moved up now to the 4th division, are probably the equivalent of division II college talent in the USA.
True except probably a team of 25-30+ year old...DII guys... plus it's probably good to let the FR feel the ball go into the hoop vs some type of actual comp. The scenery and location(s) doesn't look bad either.

Last edited:
Rothstein seems all over the college basketball scene- good reporter, except that he forgot Apostolos Roumouglu is still on the team. I am going to give him a pass on that because he has an otherwise good body of work. But it was kind of like when Seth Davis reported that Nate Miles flunked out of UConn when he was expelled for violating a restraining order, and then CBS left the Davis report up without correcting it for months.

Last edited:
Where did he report that ?
This was discussed in another thread in which Rothstein did a preseason preview and discussed UConn's entire roster- except Romo. It was like he did not exist. He discussed and evaluated every other player. I think it was a preview which you posted, and I commented on, in another thread. I think he just forgot about Romo. It's probably as much Rothstein's editor's fault for not catching it before it went to publication. It's not a big deal- not exactly the first time someone published an article with inaccurate or incomplete information. Was just a mistake. I think Rothstein otherwise does pretty good work.

Last edited:
Here it is:

Show Romo some respect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. UConn
Projected Starting 5:
G
Tristen Newton
G Stephon Castle
G Cam Spencer
F Alex Karaban
C Donovan Clingan
Projected Bench: Samson Johnson, Hassan Diarra, Jaylin Stewart, Jayden Ross, Youssouf Singare, Solomon Ball
Key Newcomers: Stephon Castle, Solomon Ball, Jaylin Stewart, Jayden Ross, Youssouf Singare, Cam Spencer (Rutgers)
Key Losses: Joey Calcaterra, Jordan Hawkins, Adama Sanogo, Andre Jackson

Reactions: the Blades
Show Romo some respect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. UConn
Projected Starting 5:
G
Tristen Newton
G Stephon Castle
G Cam Spencer
F Alex Karaban
C Donovan Clingan
Projected Bench: Samson Johnson, Hassan Diarra, Jaylin Stewart, Jayden Ross, Youssouf Singare, Solomon Ball
Key Newcomers: Stephon Castle, Solomon Ball, Jaylin Stewart, Jayden Ross, Youssouf Singare, Cam Spencer (Rutgers)
Key Losses: Joey Calcaterra, Jordan Hawkins, Adama Sanogo, Andre Jackson
If I were Hurley I would save that preview for the first regular season game, show it to Romo, and say to him, "one of the best college basketball writers in the country doesn't seem to think you are on this team. Go out there and show him you are."

Just checked out Big Larry it's on in Spain......

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT