ADVERTISEMENT

Scout: Brown, UConn parting ways

Honestly, this is a good thing. Kid reeks of trouble and hasn't played well. Wish him the best, but it was no longer looking like a good fit.

I love Obiagu, but Richards is probably our best shot at a great big. Gak in he mix too but is a tier lower.

Reactions: anon_65nwv98c2idwc
So this will sound so pretentious but in my line of work I have to make snap judgments on people and my snap judgement on him is that he is not all there and I don't think that it is his fault. I think he is a little slow mentally.

Emotional and mental maturity is part of playing sports at a high level. It's not all about physical talent. Some guys are emotionally weak and immature and it prevents them from being great, good or even solid players, depending on natural talent level.

What about Ike Obiagu?

From the front page : Ikechukwu Obiagu Very Much in Play for UConn in Class of 2017

But don't believe that headline, (Ikechukwu Obiagu), the mighty Crystal ball says 100% Kentucky.....;););););) !!!

crystal_ball.jpg

So Lipman invested all that time and money and religious conversion in this kid, only to maybe see him go to jail? It seems like something was really amiss here. The only good news is that UConn got out of recruiting him in the nick of time.......

Reactions: the Blades
So Lipman invested all that time and money and religious conversion in this kid, only to maybe see him go to jail? It seems like something was really amiss here. The only good news is that UConn got out of recruiting him in the nick of time.......

When I watched the video posted in an other thread...and like you mentioned, the religious conversion that was forced on the kid so he could eat and put a roof over his head.....his biological family being against Judaism , the NBA dreams, endorsement contracts Lipman was talking, the hope of his real family making them rich, etc. etc...it just seemed like the kid had no balance and alot of turmoil with the wrong people pulling him in alot of different directions for their own selfish narrative because he had a ball in his hands and he's 7-1. None of what is playing out right now surprises me because of the conflict of the adults around him. To me the kid is a 7-1 project and nothing more. ( also accoriding to Russ's link
he's only 190lbs now ?...wasn't he supposed to be around 250-260 ?...guess Lipman hasn't been feeding him well lately )

Uconn has changed as in what is expected from EVERY student/athlete ( Calhoun's "Father Flanagan" days begone).....they can leave kids like this for Baylor or Oregon.... I'd rather see them go after a 6-10 kid ( like Emeka) that is more balanced and a RKG ( a phrase Bob Diaco likes to use ).

Last edited:
Reactions: CaNOLEE
Miami Beach Center Zach Brown Arrested

The arrest record showed Brown was charged with two counts of robbery by sudden snatching, armed robbery ( bad, bad, bad) and fraudulent credit card totaling more than $100.

After a bunch of high schools and off court problems...I wonder if he ever gets to college ?

.... “I wanted to get out of Miami, because I had a lot of distractions with suspensions and crazy stuff,” Brown told The Hartford Courant in February. “Miami is like a party city, so I wasn’t focused mentally. I had to come up here if I wanted to be successful.” Shortly after he enrolled at Putnam, The Courant reported that Brown was asked to leave the school following an on-court altercation with opposing players. Brown, who’s said to have converted to Judaism – the religion of his legal guardian, has had a tumultuous past. The youngest of five, Brown grew up with his biological mother in Liberty City and spent time bouncing around in various foster care programs before he began living with Lipman.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT