ADVERTISEMENT

OT- XL Center was rocking- UConn Upsets No. 3 Boston College

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
UConn Upsets No. 3 Boston College In Hockey East Home Opener

"( 8,089 ) tonight at XL, record attendance for inaugural HE home game. UConn could
have opened more sections but wanted look and feel of packed house. "

Will Moran[/B]@goalmouthradio
"Sold out crowd in Hartford and so many listeners on WHUS our webstream overloaded.

Truly appreciative. Hope you all enjoyed it. "

B1ujUb7IgAACRcU.jpg:large

This post was edited on 11/6 6:57 AM by the Blades

Jacobs: Hearty Meal For Hockey Starved State

HC Mike Cavanaugh "Tonight was really an amazing night. It was electric. It was really electric. The last two minutes,
I don't know if I've ever been in that situation, it was hard to hear. The players had a hard time hearing line changes. I was grabbing guys by the shoulders."

Jim Calhoun had spoken to his team on Tuesday. 'He did. He was fantastic,'" Cavanaugh said. "JC said, 'I just want
to let you know something. The last time he spoke to the football team before they played BC they lost like 51-0.'

Unlike others before them, UConn president Susan Herbst and athletic director Manuel, who cut his teeth on
the game as an administrator overseeing hockey at Michigan, were for this move. But it was Malloy who wanted this
program downtown. He played a big, big role.

"It never made any sense to me," Malloy said. "There was an open invitation for UConn to join Hockey East and
there didn't seem to be the desire on the part of UConn to do it. I know all the schools in the league. Why wouldn't
a kid want to play at UConn with all the great sports history UConn has?
That quite frankly are a little farther
out than UConn."

Great stuff!... This will only continue to help getting us out of the AAC and into a P5 conference sooner!!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT