ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Uconn Hockey 2021-22

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Uconn ends a 7 game road swing w/ a 5-2 record after a sweep vs. Maine in front of a raucous crowd in Orono. "UConn out-shot the hosts 44-25 but couldn’t find the game-winner in regulation thanks to a stellar performance by Maine goaltender Victor Ostman, who made 41 saves on the night — including multiple breakaway stops in the third period and overtime....The Huskies scored the game-winner (below) with 21.2 left in overtime."

The road trip included wins @ BU and Northeastern which puts Uconn near the top of the standings with only one HE home game to date. Huskies have a big battle on Friday with a return home to the XL Center vs. Boston College. Follow @DanielVConnolly ( who also covers WBB) on twitter and The UConn Blog/ Men's Hockey for the best coverage. (His story is at the bottom).

HE-standings-at-the-top-11-7-21.jpg

Last edited:
The Hockey team comes up with a thrilling 5-4 last second win up at BC on Saturday....

Last edited:
Here's another Uconn team now ranked after winning 6 HE games in a row and 7 of 8 overall.:

Huskies with the empty netter to beat Boston U. for their first ever Hocky East playoff win. It sends them to the Boston Garden (TV-NESN - 4pm) for the semi-finals on Friday vs. Northheasten

Uconn knocks of regular season champ Northeastern to head to tomorrow's Championship game at the Garden:
Extended Game Highlights from HE and NESN-

Last edited:
It is officially UConn v. UMass. The semifinals consisted of the top 4 teams in the Hockey East standings and now it is #2 UMass vs. #4 UConn in the championship.

Although not mentioned here the UConn Hockey girls also made the Hockey East championship game, as the #3 seed, and lost 3-1 to Northeastern.

It is officially UConn v. UMass. The semifinals consisted of the top 4 teams in the Hockey East standings and now it is #2 UMass vs. #4 UConn in the championship. True, though it was a log jam at the top with only 1 point separating the top 3 HE teams.
Yep, biggest game in Uconn Hockey history as a member of Hockey East. (Uconn-Umass split in the regular season Uconn losing 2-1 at the XL Center and winning 4-2 up in Amherst. ) Not only would beating the defending NCAA Champ, Umass, be for the HE Championship. But would also get Uconn in the NCAA's for the first time at this level.

Since they are currently out of the Top 16 ( # of NCAA's invites) and be hard to get an at-large berth at #18 in the:

PS on TV info-
those outside the NESN area can stream the game for free:
Streaming: SportsLive and CBS Sports App

Last edited:
I don't get NESN, because I have Hulu and it's sports package, but fortunately my father lives next door to me and he has NESN as part of his cable package. So I am going to his condo to watch the game at 7

UConn has taken a 1-0 lead on a fantastic redirect goal by the Russian Vladislav Firstov, the Minnesota Wild 2nd round draft pick. Firstov, living up to his name, has now scored UConn's first goal in each of their 3 Hockey East tournament games.

Russian Vladislav Firstov, the Minnesota Wild 2nd round draft pick. Firstov, living up to his name, has now scored UConn's first goal in each of their 3 Hockey East tournament games.
Best of luck Vlad, heading to the pro's after his JR year......

ADVERTISEMENT