ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Uconn Hockey

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
Started off the season this week-end on a positive note with a couple of shutouts :

FRI: Thompson Leads Huskies To 6-0 Win In Hockey Opener
SAT: Huskies, Thompson Keep Up Strong Start In 4-0 Hockey Victory

It was also just announced that they will be the one Uconn team making an appearance at the Webster Bank Arena this year:

Ck8YQV2W0AANyVw.jpg

Last edited:
I was at the Quinnipiac-Northeastern game at QU Saturday and #2 QU completely outclassed #15 Northeastern and won 5-2. UConn will play Northeastern later in February but I would love to see them play Quinnipiac- my two alma maters going at it. QU plays at the TD Bank Arena which is a very impressive venue specifically designed for hockey. The QU basketball team plays on a court located in the same complex.

I was at the Quinnipiac-Northeastern game at QU Saturday and #2 QU completely outclassed #15 Northeastern and won 5-2. UConn will play Northeastern later in February but I would love to see them play Quinnipiac- my two alma maters going at it. QU plays at the TD Bank Arena which is a very impressive venue specifically designed for hockey. The QU basketball team plays on a court located in the same complex.
You do know Uconn is playing at Quinnipiac on the 19th ? I'll be there in the presidents suite.... I've been there before, nice venue, perfect size for the school and I like
how you can get into both arena's from the suite and that they did the build with the side by side arenas instead of a single multi-sport larger one.

I was not aware of that and will try to make the game. QU looked very good Saturday night vs. Northeastern. However Northeastern's defensemen did not do a good job in that game. It seemed to me that QU was getting too many odd man rushes and then clean shots at the goalie. There was one very nifty play where the QU right wing came down on the right side carrying the stick and puck on his left. He carried the puck in such a way that it appeared he would pass the puck to the center. As soon as he got both the defenseman and goalie leaning towards the center of the goal, he whipped a wicked wrist shot into the right side of the net, which the goalie had leaned away from. Right on the money and the puck hit the back of the net.

Will the game be on TV? I feel very conflicted about this game. UConn and Quinnipiac are both my alma maters. I was just at QU for an alumni event Saturday and was very impressed by the facilities. If it was basketball I would be rooting for UConn due to my long allegiance to the basketball teams. But on hockey I feel conflicted. QU has been knocking heavily on the championship door the last 3-4 years and I feel like they are due to win an NCAA title and this could be their year. UConn is more the rising power. By the way I also like the QU Ice Cats and they did a very touching tribute on the scoreboard to the Ice Cat girl who was killed in a car accident over the summer. QU has a model hockey program and the President of the school is a visionary.

Will the game be on TV?

No. 4/3 Quinnipiac University Bobcats (2-1-1) vs.
University of Connecticut Huskies RV (2-0-2)
Date:
Oct. 19, 2016
Rink: High Point Solutions Arena
Series vs. UConn: 13-11-2
In Hamden: 7-5-1 (2-0-0 at HPSA)
On the Road: 6-5-1
Last Meeting: W, 6-2 (11/17/16, Hartford, Conn.)
Websites: QuinnipiacBobcats.com, UConnHuskies.com
Multimedia:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT