ADVERTISEMENT

OT- NBA Playoffs

Reactions: anon_65nwv98c2idwc
LeBron has indeed made the Warriors his bitch since the Green incident.

Part of Golden State's problem are the injuries to Iguodola and Bogut. Iguodola is the only guy on the Warriors who can reasonably check LeBron and he is obviously playing with a back injury of some kind. Bogut had been providing good rim protection against LeBron's drives. Now there is no Bogut and a crippled Iguodola out there. Warriors need huge games from Curry and Thompson to offset the interior assault they are experiencing. Actually the Warriors outrebounded the Cavs last night but the weak interior D really did the Warriors in.

LeBron has been as good the last two games as anyone ever in NBA finals history. It's not just the back to back 41 points and near triple doubles but he is playing insane defense all over the floor. I don't recall ever seeing a better two way player. Jordan played both ends but LeBron can defend every position! Game 7 figures to be a classic.

Great reading the peaks and valleys of this thread....I guess it's what I sound like during the Uconn season......but..... I DON'T WATCH THE NBA....unless a Uconn guy is playing..
THE WHOLE THING PLAYS OUTS LIKE A FRAUD and the REFEREEING is a made for TV joke that makes the WWE look credible....LOL!

maxresdefault.jpg

The officiating was tough last night but in all of these games the home teams have been getting the calls and I think that is part of the home court advantage. As long as it is going both ways though. That last foul on Curry was at best a touch foul. But the game was over at that point anyway.

Blades you gotta tune in Sunday night. The Warriors home court advantage may be offset by no Bogut and a crippled Iguodola and if LeBron drops 40 plus again plus near triple double stats and plays maniacal defense on guards and bigs, this will be a dogfight. I am thinking this will be a great game. I want to see LeBron, Irving, Curry and Thompson all go off and may the best team that makes the plays at the end emerge as NBA champion.

You are looking for perfect officiating and clean outcomes but refs are humans and the perfection you want will not happen. I don't want to see the game decided by a bad call though, I want to see great plays by great players decide the outcome.

Blades you gotta tune in Sunday night. .

No, I gotta pass.... I just read the headlines... it sounds like nothing changes. Preferential treatment for star players, extending Serie$ by refs controlling the outcomes with inconsistent calls at key times...stuff that turned me off with the league years ago.

Funny thing is with the bitching I do from time to time watching Uconn and bad reffing that happens it certain games during the season..... I'd have to say for years, the reffing when in means the most during the NCAA tourney, is usually spot on. But with a one and out tourney there is no ulterior motive.... Like in the NBA and how they can extend things with the right match-ups as late as possible in June for more dollars in TV advertising and ticket sales...just call me a cynical & former NBA fan :mad: .... who's only interest in the league is our former Husky guys and how they are doing.....

PS.... I do play NBA2K...the refs never effect us gamers and I put together all-Uconn super teams....LOL!

Last edited:
Blades you have a sister in arms in Ayesha Curry:

http://www.eonline.com/news/773670/...oubling-unwritten-rule-in-professional-sports

Also, do not compare her to LeBron's wife:

http://nypost.com/2016/06/17/ayesha-curry-dont-compare-to-me-lebrons-wife/

I don't really buy these conspiracy theories, but somehow the tension and drama have been ratcheted up between the teams, and I kind of like it.

If you looking for a UConn connection, LeBron and the Cavs recruited Ray Allen and he could be on their team right now, but he said no thanks. And I think Jeff Adrien had a cup of coffee with the Warriors a while back.

Last edited:
Reactions: the Blades

Well I guess she has to watch ;).... but she's late to the party, I'm an old school NBA hater from years ago because the refs drove me nuts in these series...even when I had no horse in the race as a casual viewer....and wasn't there even that one banned and embattled NBA ref from years ago that said he had orders to make calls against Sacramento or some team because the league wanted the bigger market team ( I don't remember who) to advance ???
while it drives some fans nuts and some walk...I'm sure the NBA loves the drama..more eyeballs while the register keeps going ..........ka ching !!!!

Tonight is the big game- one game for all the marbles!!!!!! I really think it's 50-50 on who wins this game based on what I have seen so far, and the Bogut and Iguodola injuries which have hurt the Warriors substantially. Will the Warriors repeat or will Cavs secure Cleveland's first championship since 1964? Also, does anyone see any way LeBron doesn't win the MVP? Through 6 games he is leading both teams in 5 major statistical categories, which has never before been done in NBA history. I think he gets MVP unless he turns in an absolute stinkbomb tonight which I seriously doubt he will.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...on-james-focused-winning-championship-not-mvp

As a basketball fan and purist I loved game 7 las night. It was everything anyone could hope for and the refs did not determine the outcome, the players did.

If you evaluate his performance from the standpoint of play on both ends of the court, LeBron James' play the last 3 games of the finals was the best two-way play I have seen in NBA playoff history.If back to back 41 point games and then a triple double on offense were not enough, LeBron's insane play on the defensive end was even better than his offense. I don't think many people appreciate how well he plays the passing lanes and how disruptive a transition defender he is. That blocked shot on the Draymond Green breakaway layup was an all time defensive highlight film play. LeBron was the best player on the court in each of the last 3 games by so much it was ridiculous. I also noticed that he made very good decisions and smart plays and was impactful even when he didn't shoot the ball well.

The Warriors had various things happen to them that were unfortunate (Draymond Green suspension, Iguodola and Bogut injuries), but I think they had some weaknesses of their team exposed in the prior round by the Thunder. The Thunder's frontcourt guys outplayed the Warriors very significantly, and I don't think the Warriors have enough low post scoring. The Warriors were saved by the Splash Brothers against OKC. But the Cavs clamped down on the Splash Brothers and the Warriors didn't really have other weapons inside. I suspect the Warriors will make some moves despite the 73 wins because they need a big strong body inside who can score.

You live by the 3, you die by the 3. But I think as San Antonio changes and Durant's future is uncertain, GS has a few more championship runs in them.

I'm Super happy for LBJ and Cleveland. But I can see why some people dislike him. Even I, his biggest supporter, was annoyed when he exaggerated his 'wrist injury' before the final FTs in case he missed both. But get used to it, as this transitions into a partnership with the ultra talented Kyrie Irving, this won't be their last rodeo together in a weak eastern conference.

Hopefully Lebron works a little more on his post game in the offseason, which might be the final piece in his already other worldly/historic all around game.

I was just reading that the Warriors will be avid participants in the Kevin Durant sweepstakes. Who do you guys think will win the Durant sweepstakes?

Khalid, I think he stays in OKC. If only for another year.

It will be interesting to see if the Cavs deal Love. I would.

The Love issue is interesting and I agree he will be traded.

Love was crucial on the boards in game 7 and made angood defensive play on Curry late, but this Warriors team is a mismatch for him. He had defensive issues for much of the series and in his matchups could not take advantage of his superior size.

David Griffin, Cavs GM, made an interesting comment that the Cavs won despite being poorly constructed to match up with the Warriors. This was essentially an admission that he had messed up in building the team and that the extraordinary performance of LeBron and the defensive shutdown of Curry and Thompson were the key reasons why this series was won. It has to be kept in mind that game 7 was very tight and Cavs were not winning that game, even despite the really substandard play of Curry and Thompson, if not for the Herculean two way performance of LeBron. LeBron had the best 9-24 FG performance in the history of the game of basketball because he excelled in every other area including leadership and smart decisions.

Regarding Durant he could possibly win a championship with OKC but he and Westbrook were very disappointing in crunch time in game 6 and game 7 to say the very least. Westbrook had played out of his mind up until then. It's very interesting to see what happens with these two as they are still both in their prime.

Speaking of Lebron's 9-24 game 7, the haters are out in full force claiming he choked and got another gift championship and bailed out by Kyrie's big shot.

I'm not saying he's Jordan. However, it's revisionist history to think that MJ never missed a shot in the NBA finals because he won 6-6. In fact, the old 23 shot only 41% against Seattle in the finals and never higher than 45% for a series on his second tour of duty(the last three rings).

I think the scrutiny that athletes are under today is almost unbearable and no matter what this guy does, it will never be enough. Meanwhile, I'll continue to enjoy watching one of the greatest athletes of all time. In any sport.

In my mind LeBron is the equal of Jordan at least, or more than Jordan as far as being a two way player. LeBron is a bit more versatile defensively- he can effectively defend all 5 positions. The 9-24 FGs is only worth mentioning because LeBron had the best 9-24 game I have ever seen. He so completely dominated the game that his actual shooting percentage was irrelevant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT