ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tourney berth on the line

TateGorgeous

May 10, 2014
We already beat SMU and Larry Brown. Hopefully this is the beginning of a rivalry that lifts the conference. SMU is in so it would be better for the AAC if UConn wins the automatic bid. Just a couple points separates this UConn team from some victories over highly ranked tough out-of-conference opponents. These Huskies deserve a spot for their effort but almost-wins don't count on the resume. We need this one or we're out.

This post was edited on 3/14 7:59 PM by TateGorgeous

This team somehow managed to win the last two games with some pretty inconsistent play, outside of defense. Today, it was the rebounding that was an issue, but they managed to pull it out despite being out-rebounded by double digits. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow we'll see something that has rarely happened this year - the team firing on all cylinders for a complete game. That being said, I'll take winning ugly over losing any day.

Many already have us in the field including Seth Davis, Doug G. and Jay Williams regardless if we lose. I think we are already 60% in and it goes to 75% chance as long as we keep it close tomorrow and still lose.

Maybe he's just playing down expectations but…"It's a scenario where we lose and we don't get a bid," Ollie said. "We feel not the pressure, but we feel the opportunity."

SMU looks very tough on D so far and owning the boards. I'd like to see better ball distribution.

Their defense is wearing out the Huskies. SMU is in complete control of this game. We are not getting good looks at all.

SMU is an excellent defensive team but unlike Cincy and Tulsa they have offensively skilled big men. UConn big men are already in deep foul trouble. It is very stressful to watch.

Purv and Hamilton will be some duo next year. I hope Stone joins them. Brimah has been the biggest disappointment of the season.

Saying brimah is a disappointment is insane. He is a sophomore with what 5 years of basketball experience. Isn't he like 4 in the nation in blocks. A 3 star who was a throw in the year we got him.

I wouldn't say Brimah is a disappointment but he has a long way to go. He has to get stronger and play smarter. He plays young. But he is a talent.

Have to give the guys a big shout out for alot of heart and nice little run...They saved the tourney and nice little payday
for the American Conference with their "change the ticket price "by the day price gouging scheme they had going.

But this is why you can't lose to Memphis at home with a lack luster effort on SR night.....This team looked completely
gassed and didn't have the depth to go 4 days in a row...especially with the head shaking 8 man roster they are playing
with and the way SMU wears you out with their froncourt down low. ( why did KO have 2 scholly walk-on players that are
useless in games again ?) Boat especially looked completely worn down from the start... But who can blame him with all the
ball handling he is forced to do. ( something Kemba/ Shabazz and even J-Lamb....or Bazz and him shared on their squads )

Nice job by Purvis to make it interesting but he still has to many warts to take a team back with his traveling and FT issues.
Him and Omar need to work on their handles intensely over the summer if next years team is going to do anything.
The bottom line is TO's, bad shot selection and missed FT's contributed to 6 losses by a total of 12 points this year.
Those 12 POINTS are the difference of going to the NCAA's with a 26-8 record or staying home.
This post was edited on 3/15 7:22 PM by the Blades

Speaking of Omar's handle I was really wondering whether he buttered his hands or ate some greasy fried chicken before the game with no napkins.....he could not hang on to the ball.

Originally posted by KhalidShockedTheWorld:
Speaking of Omar's handle I was really wondering whether he buttered his hands or ate some greasy fried chicken before the game with no napkins.....he could not hang on to the ball.
No it's Shabazz who did the chicken B4 the game......
Shabazz Napier: 'It Was the Worst Decision I've Ever Made But he's got the handle to play through it.......in Omar's case you can't lose what you don't have.....
sick0006.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/15 7:08 PM by the Blades

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT