ADVERTISEMENT

Live Updates: 11/17 - Houston week

Good to get back to game week. Much needed week for the players and coaches and staff that serves the team.

After three weeks of camp, intense camp, to 10 weeks of solid football games...down to the wire. That bye week came right at the right time.

We took our time, players had a chance to recharge.

Not a lot of talk about the next opponent.

Good to be in November, talking about meaningful games.

To have real relevance to goals, post-season play.

Just that piece we've taken the next step in our program, which is exciting.

If you're a competitor, nothing better than Houston coming here for our last home game. With all their accolades.

What would a win mean for the program: It's a big deal for , because it's senior day.

Seniors who have poured so much into what's going on here. Be ultra coachable. Excelling. To win that home game, in front of their family and friends and classmates, to then also become bowl eligible.

That feeling for me for them, is what I'm drawn to.

Houston: Tactically, it's a challenge in that they have some complex systems, in particular on offense. It's basically triple option football where their attacking dive, alley and force on every down.

They have a couple of really talented quarterbacks, former wide receivers, athletic, hard to tackle, and they can also make the throws.

Houston defense is loaded with good veteran players, fast, aggressive, they take it away a bunch.

With the offense producing the way it does, and with the defense producing all those opportunities, that's what makes them so difficult.

So it looks like 13 scholly players will be leaving and slots opening up, ( and 2 of those 13 started out as walk-ons... Clafin and Manco )
With 8 commits, looks like room for 5 more scholly recruits, in addition to any other losses, transfers, etc. between now and signing day

Senior Class: Resilient, perseverance.

On Houston QB situation: It's the same offense, I don't see the offense changing at all.

Biggest gain from the week off: Players had a chance to just rest. Mind-body health

I know Bryant, Arkeel, Junior Joseph, Andrew Adams, all feel better. Four or five guys who have had some impact, and they feel better.

Everybody had a chance to just mentally rest a little bit.

Lemelle not back yet.

Aware of what Houston is playing for: We're excited about the conference, you're excited about one of the few undefeated teams in the country and what that means for our conference. Some other teams that play in our conference that have just done a good job nationally against other conferences. Won a ton of games. Not taking a back seat to anybody.

To compete against a team of that caliber, that's exciting.

What puzzle pieces fall after that, we don't think about it as it pertains to us.

They believe, you can see great confidence. That created this awesome persistence towards their goal.

It was a gutsy, gritty performance.

They believe that they're real good, and they are.

There's no deceleration at any point. How fast they're moving, getting aligned and ready.

Tom Herman: No I haven't really crossed paths with him. He's done a fantastic job. They had a good team, they've always had very talented players, they have a recent history of success that he's taken to a whole new level. You watch the game and you see a packed stadium...I can't imagine a more electric environment out of all the games on Saturday there was a more environment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT