ADVERTISEMENT

Jimmy speaks at the Final Four

the Blades

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2003
I guess despite Jimmy being on the state payroll he's decided to be his own man and not support Malloy's
boycott of Indiana...

Paul Finbaum show- Calhoun reflects on Final Four experience

Good for you JC, (ESPN part time job or not) this is where College hoops guys ( and AD' types who can do conference
re-alignment networking) are supposed to be this time of year, not stuck here in CT being a pawn for Malloy's political ambitions !
This post was edited on 4/4 8:12 AM by the Blades

I don't know what political ambitions Malloy might have. He is an OK politician on the local level but he doesn't have the charisma or acumen to play on a national stage. I think Governor of Connecticut is the best he will do in his career, maybe US Senator from CT succeeding Dick Blumenthal down the road, but that's it.

His ambitions are as high as he can get from what I've heard (which I'm not a Democrat or Republican so I could care less, I just think he should let people do their jobs while the politicos fight it out)....but he's already the mouth piece for these guys..... so figure out his selfish interests:
Malloy to lead Democratic governors group in 2016

Originally posted by the Blades:
I guess despite Jimmy being on the state payroll he's decided to be his own man and not support Malloy's
boycott of Indiana...

Paul Finbaum show- Calhoun reflects on Final Four experience

Good for you JC, (ESPN part time job or not) this is where College hoops guys ( and AD' types who can do conference
re-alignment networking) are supposed to be this time of year, not stuck here in CT being a pawn for Malloy's political ambitions !
This post was edited on 4/4 8:12 AM by the Blades
Malloy issued the ban on travel to Indiana for state employees on official business (from the Hartford Courant).

Since Calhoun is not on official business for the state, and in fact ESPN paid for his trip, he doesn't fall under the travel ban.

Originally posted by Hooper_Scooper: Malloy issued the ban on travel to Indiana for state employees on official business (from the Hartford Courant).

Since Calhoun is not on official business for the state, and in fact ESPN paid for his trip, he doesn't fall under the travel ban.
No new story here...that was always the case... as I said above ESPN gig or not, JC could have showed solidarity
( Ollie did) which is all moot anyway since the language was changed and the ban dropped, Malloy Lifts Ban just in
time for for the games.....

Ollie could've been there too, (boycott may not apply to Ollie) but he's a good soldier( always has been) and
didn't break rank so I can respect that...the bigger question is what would Malloy have done if it was the Uconn men
playing in Indy this week ???? Still been champion of the cause and kept the team home ? No.. I kinda think he's
smarter than committing political suicide.....Maybe he could've just played Groucho Marx ( Other article) who said,
"These are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."
This post was edited on 4/4 11:47 PM by the Blades

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT