ADVERTISEMENT

I guess Andrew should have played for Ken Smith

I think what Harrison said was stupid and something of a tempest in a teapot. What I take away from it is the same as Stephe A. Smith, he is an incredibly sore loser. Kaminsky did heavy damage against Kentucky despite being guarded hard by Cauley-Stein.

Back in the day I was a big time trash talker. I did make a racial comment one time to a guy. It almost caused a fight and I later deeply regretted it, and never did it again. I think pretty much everything else is game in trash talking but racial and ethnic stuff is not right and it's kind of ignorant.

The best trash talking and most prevalent is in baseball. In baseball bench jockeys can bait a batter from the relative safety of the dugout. It's also a tough sport mentally so the trash talking and heckling is something you have to be able to tune out or laugh at, or you will not succeed at the sport.

I have even experienced trash talking during a ping pong match. I was playing a guy who told me I had no forehand but I was killing his candy ass with my backhand so I didn't care. Truth is my forehand does kind of suck at that level of competition, but a guy who plays off his backhand defensively is unusual and unusual gives people problems sometimes and it did to that guy.

This post was edited on 4/5 7:27 PM by KhalidShockedTheWorld

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT