ADVERTISEMENT

HC Dan Hurley

DH was just making sure Calamari know that We still own him and DH will soon be taking NC's from him like the NCAA vacates his wins.

Dom from the Courant's summer chat w/ DH:
Central theme was his relationship with the players and the responsibility he bears in their development,
You’ll also hear Hurley’s thoughts on:
  • His incoming recruiting class, including Akok Akok
  • Alterique Gilbert’s growth as a leader and recovery from injury
  • The prospect of playing against his brother Bobby, the head coach at Arizona State
  • His impressions of the competition in the AAC
  • Measuring success in Year 2
  • The college transfer rule, the NBA’s one-and-done rule and ways to improve the student-athlete experience
  • His relationship with Jim Calhoun and more

Did the Courant ask him what he is doing to recruit a much needed big man for depth? Because that’s all I want to hear about at this time. The rest sounds like the usual fluff. Nothing anyone says matters until these guys take the Court and we see what we have on our hands.

DH and Geno we're both at the donors event in Hartford, I did ask Geno about a back-up center. Dom from the Courant was talking to Hurley and I later asked about anything more on another recruit for this year. But in the meantime I guess we can talk about how good a player big Chuck was because of how he guarded UA's Derrick Williams on a play in 2011.......;)

Last edited:
Tell me you wouldn’t offer an exact replica of Chuck circa 2011 an immediate scholarship to be a backup big on this team. We both know what the answer to that one is.

Big 6'10 man played for Fresno City JC who is always in the California Junior College Final Four and winning State title 5 times. Was in final four this year.

Tell me you wouldn’t offer an exact replica of Chuck circa 2011 an immediate scholarship to be a backup big on this team. We both know what the answer to that one is.
Keep living in the past ...me I'd rather have Drummond if that's the case...:)...Chuck couldn't even stay eligible his 1st year at Uconn because of grades, even after a year in JUCO ,WTF ! ....so no I wouldn't want him on the team. Who needs a player who took 2 1/2 years to show anything .... :confused:

Last edited:
Keep living in the past ...me I'd rather have Drummond if that's the case...:)...Chuck couldn't even stay eligible his 1st year at Uconn because of grades, even after a year in JUCO ,WTF ! ....so no I would want him on the team. Who needs a player who took 2 1/2 years to show anything .... :confused:

Read what I asked you- I said Chuck circa 2011 not circa 2008, 2009, or 2010. And of course we would take Drummond over Chuck, but what UConn is looking for is a backup big man based on what is available out there. It’s not necessary that UConn get a 4 year project, there are JUCOs, transfers and grad transfers to be evaluated and recruited. A big body is needed so let’s go get one!

but what UConn is looking for is a backup big man based on what is available out there. It’s not necessary that UConn get a 4 year project, there are JUCOs, transfers and grad transfers to be evaluated and recruited.!
My prediction...neither Geno or DH will be bringin' in a back-up big from what I heard at the Coaches road show, I hope I'm wrong.

I know the head coach at FCC and he is always winning. NoUCONN connection but need 6’10 245 average 16 points and 4 boards a game
Yeah I googled around ....this is the guy I found .......... Forward Ethan Richardson Finds Home With Rams..........and if Diarra's situation does open up a ship'...... I'd guess someone like this (his only D-1 offer was to the U of North Dakota) .... is all that would be left for Hurley since we're now into June.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT