ADVERTISEMENT

Grad Transfer Antwoine Anderson visiting this weekend (4/15)

Anderson is not a good shooter, 41% FGs and 34% on 3s last year and under 70% on FTs. However, he did have 1.7 steals per game and might be decent on defense. He is an experienced 4th guard.

Can he play the 4 or 5 ?....;)... I hope so since KO has exactly 147 minutes total (Eric Cobb - South Carolina) of career D-1 experience at the Center and PF spot and is recruiting another 6-8 guy (Darien Williams - St. John's) who's only played 27 D-1 games in 3 years.

We had 3 guards before today...this was needed to help add to our depth. Hard to get a talented grad transfer come in to the program to be the 4th guard on the team. He helps fill our needs.

We had 3 guards before today...this was needed to help add to our depth. Hard to get a talented grad transfer come in to the program to be the 4th guard on the team. He helps fill our needs.
Duh...No sh#t !!!! you need guards as last year proved ( injuries, fouls etc.)....was being sarcastic ! . But seriously were the hell are the rebounds gonna come from or anything that resembles any type of scoring inside ??? The level of incompetence of adding another pintsized guard and no talent whatsoever in the frontcourt, while this thing drags on is epic for any Uconn team in our lifetimes. Saw this quote from Ozzie... , so is it KO's master plan ???....SMH !...because as weak as this is I have no faith in KO even pulling this off...

Last edited:
If UConn does not land Diarra everyone will wonder what was the point in hiring Chillious.......although I still wonder whether Diarra will be as good as Enoch or Durham had they returned.................

If UConn does not land Diarra everyone will wonder what was the point in hiring Chillious.......although I still wonder whether Diarra will be as good as Enoch or Durham had they returned.................
True....I hope the point of hiring Chillious doesn't turn out to be that he was friends with KO and out of a job... And RC's biggest "sell job" was to KO when he convinced him that he was the solution to all his problems .....just like Chillious sold all these supposed great recruits on a Washington program who haven't had a NCAA team in 5 years...

Last edited:
Reactions: andersonfro
Let's just hope a bunch of great recruits are Chillin with the Chill........otherwise the air in Storrs will be very chilly for him next winter............LOL

Reactions: the Blades
UCONN 2017-18
GUARDS
Jalen Adams...............6-3/195......JR
Christian Vital..............6-2/178......SO

Alterique Gilbert ...........6-0/175......RS FR
Antwoine Anderson......6-1/190......GR SR

WINGS
Terry Larrier...................6-8/190....RS JR
Tyler Polley...................6-8/190...FR

POWER FORWARD
Mamadou Diarra (1.0).. 6-7/232....RS FR

CENTERS
Eric Cobb................... 6-9/290.....JR
Josh Carlton...............6-10/235....FR

HELP WANTED !!!!!
4 jobs available..... injury free resume a plus !

Last edited:
Reactions: Shaggydog84
Maybe the wrong place for this but everything seems wrong, Oz said this is the plan. But if that's the plan it doesn't seem to be working. Think KO will even have 11
players to put on the court in 2017 ? That's all he had last year and we know how that worked out :

Seems like Diarra isn't the lock they thought he was......Williams is now looking at other schools:

Cam Johnson has no interest in riding to a starting job @ Uconn

And Alstork seems to have no interest in Uconn either:

Last edited:
I may be a glass-half-full type of guy, but any hope I had that there was a viable plan in place went out the window about two weeks ago. Now, it looks like UConn will be fortunate to have eleven scholarship players capable of fogging a glass next year, and once again multiple scholarships will be left on the table while we hope to make it through the year with a handful of guys returning from serious injuries. I know a lot of people like to point to UConn's current plight being the result of restrictions placed on the team a few years back, but when the coach recruits as though he still has restrictions even when none exist, that excuse wears thin.

I don't like the current status of the roster and the prospects we have at the 4 and 5 look unready for prime time which means we could be looking at another poor season and 2 straight bad seasons will harm 2018 recruiting,

The program may not survive two straight bad seasons. I'm excited about Adams, Gilbert and Vital, but Ollie has us on life support right now, which some of us predicted.

Cobb is going to have to be better than the salad with his namesake to have a chance to win a few games in the tourney.

I don't even see anything that looks like a starting line-up with the 9 he has on the team right now above... What's KO planing to go with 3 small guards, Larrier & Cobb who averaged about point and a 2 reb a game in the one year he played in the SEC ? ..... Rakim Lubin (Stats) could get 30 mins a game on this team

Blades, I like the Dematha kid. He comes from an Excellent program, obviously, and has good size and explosiveness. But he's a freshman. 10 minutes off the bench would have been ideal spelling Steve and Juwan. Now he's playing 20 a night at minimum. Let's hope coach Chill is a miracle worker with Bigs and turns this guy Into a beast by February.

Blades, I like the Dematha kid. He comes from an Excellent program, obviously, and has good size and explosiveness. But he's a freshman. 10 minutes off the bench would have been ideal spelling Steve and Juwan. Now he's playing 20 a night at minimum. Let's hope coach Chill is a miracle worker with Bigs and turns this guy Into a beast by February.

I also like Carlton as a prospect. I think his biggest asset is his passing ability. Would be great to have a big who can get the rebound and immediately hit Alterique. Jalen, or Larrier with a quick outlet pass to start the fast break.

Reactions: CaNOLEE
The reality is that Carlton and Cobb are deep bench players who are not ready for prime time. UConn has no experienced talent whatsoever at the 4 and 5 which is kind of scary. I don't believe Larrier should be plugged in at the 4 on the theory that nobody else can play there. Find someone to play there.

Blades, I like the Dematha kid. He comes from an Excellent program, obviously, and has good size and explosiveness. But he's a freshman.
+1....
Yeah like I mentioned in other threads Carlton looks better in his latest tape than he did in the first stuff I saw of him, he's supposed to have good hands and can pass the ball as AFG mentioned above. But echoing what you guys said.... the FR thing.... plus the mass exodus.....which means something needs to change very soon with front court recruiting.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaNOLEE
Josh Boone gave us 6, 6 and 2bpg in 22minutes as a frosh. That would be a nice contribution. The problem is, we need an Emeka 8, 9 and 4.

Khalid, I agree on Larrier at the 4. Just because we need him there, doesn't mean he can play it. I also think he'll produce #'s, I'm just not sold he's a winning player from the tiny sample I saw.

Josh Boone gave us 6, 6 and 2bpg in 22minutes as a frosh. That would be a nice contribution. The problem is, we need an Emeka 8, 9 and 4.

Khalid, I agree on Larrier at the 4. Just because we need him there, doesn't mean he can play it. I also think he'll produce #'s, I'm just not sold he's a winning player from the tiny sample I saw.
My same opinion of him so far..... between watching the terrible forces on film TCF put together of him at VCU as a FR and him jacking up alot shots that were OK, but more like forces ( though he hit a much better % on 2's in his 4 games than at VCU ....Terry Larrier College Stats)........... the jury is still out on Mr. Larrier as a plus player at this point. Just because you can get off alot of shots doesn't mean they're good shots. Alot of times you can shoot your team out of games ( see...Purvis or Dyson, etc.)

'Force' is the key word with Larrier. I honestly was hoping he came off the bench with Jackson in the lineup. Guess that won't be possible now.

He's bigger and more talented than Purvis, but I get a sense that he'll give us some of the same 'pull your hair out' moments.

Let's hope Jalen, Gilbert and Vital give us 60 on 20-35 shooting each night and 18 assists.

Larrier was our best player in the 4 games he played last year. Yes small sample but I liked everything about his game. I hope he gains more strength and fills his body out more.

I have no problem playing him at the 4. College bball like the NBA is becoming postionless. Really not much would change if he played the 3 or 4. What is important is that he has the ability to guard an opposing teams taller backcourt players or a traditional power forward.

The problem with Larrier playing the 4 as the team is currently constructed is it would mean we would have a 3 guard lineup of guys all 6'2 or shorter that could cause problems on the defensive end, but could be an advantage in other ways.

Still a long way to go. I'm hoping we land an impact big man transfer or a dynamic tall guard. We shall see.

Larrier was our best player in the 4 games he played last year. Yes small sample but I liked everything about his game. I hope he gains more strength and fills his body out more.
Don't agree.... I saw a gunner more than a good player. Doesn't know how to make his team mates better or share the rock... Took alot of shots way to early in the offense. Kind of guy who could get you 18pts alot of nights.... but as Calhoun used to say an expensive 18pts.....Someone who will have 5-17 shooting nights with a couple of 3's and 6-8 Ft's..for those 18 ....I need to see alot more than what he showed so far & that he's a reliable efficient scorer. I think he's got it in him though..... just not convinced yet.

Last edited:
Don't agree.... I saw a gunner more than a good player. Doesn't know how to make his team mates better or share the rock... Took alot of shots way to early in the offense. Kind of guy who could get you 18pts alot of nights.... but as Calhoun used to say an expensive 18pts.....Someone who will have 5-17 shooting nights with a couple of 3's and 6-8 Ft's..for those 18 ....I need to see alot more than what he showed so far & that he's a reliable efficient scorer. I think he's got it in him though..... just not convinced yet.
Don't really think it's gunning when your shooting 49%.

Don't really think it's gunning when your shooting 49%.
Again have you ever played anything but ball in gym class ? I already covered his shooting % above...just because you throw up a bunch of "prayers" that go in, doesn't mean they're good shots...or that you will keep hitting that %...... Coaches want you to trust your team mates, and score off of ball movement, that's why team teams like
SMU win...they share the rock with each other and when you create ball movement it creates better shots for everyone, which leads to winning.... not loses to 2 sh#t teams in a row and barely beating Loyola Marymount......... Larrier hasn't showed he knows the difference so far... In a large sample in 36 games @ VCU he shot 34% Fg's 26 % on 3's , but he's got all the tools and like I said give him time and we'll see.

Last edited:
Again have you ever played anything but ball in gym class ? I already covered his shooting % above...just because you throw up a bunch of "prayers" that go in, doesn't mean they're good shots...or you that will keep hitting that %...... Coaches want you to trust your team mates, and score off of ball movement, that's why team teams like
SMU win...they share the rock with each other and when you create ball movement it creates better shots for everyone, which leads to winning.... not loses to 2 sh#t teams in a row and barely beating Loyola Marymount......... Larrier hasn't showed he knows the difference so far... In a large sample in 36 games @ VCU he shot 34% Fg's 26 % on 3's , but he's got all the tools and like I said give him time and we'll see.
You're something else man. To make deep runs in college basketball you need guys that create there own shots and make what you consider "prayers". Kemba and Shabazz for example . SMU hasn't had any guys that can do that which is why they haven't gotten out of the first round of the tourney. If you think we lost those two games because of larrier's offense your an idiot .

Wrong again Dunce....... Kemba and Shabazz could both score but they also knew how to make their team mates better, ( same as KEA) not just jacking up shots when your doubled and have no clue how to move the ball .....those guys can only take a team so far... the more you talk the less you prove you know about the game... again where did you play your HS or college ball ? ....your probably a 5'6 midget in front of a keyboard who thinks he's some type of insider ....but back to what you think you know
about Larriers shot selection take a look...... not good:

Wrong again Dunce....... Kemba and Shabazz could both score but they also knew how to make their team mates better, ( same as KEA) not just jacking up shots when your doubled and have no clue how to move the ball .....those guys can only take a team so far... the more you talk the less you prove you know about the game... again where did you play your HS or college ball ? ....your probably a 5'6 midget in front of a keyboard who thinks he's some type of insider ....but back to what you think you know
about Larriers shot selection take a look...... not good:

He couldn't have gotten any better during is red shirt year and out of that havoc system ? I'd love to know where you played your ball at Blades . You sure the hell talk like you were something special .

He couldn't have gotten any better during is red shirt year and out of that havoc system ? I'd love to know where you played your ball at Blades . You sure the hell talk like you were something special .
So you still haven't told me where you gained all your hoops expertise ??? Me I just played where one of the best coaches in the state has coached..... for decades.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shaggydog84
The games changed a little since you played my friend .
Still crickets... so I get it your a pom pom boy and message board warrior, who regurgitates opinions.... stop wasting my time ....your a fraud just like I thought. LOL

Have a nice night 99, and can you find KO a couple of bigs while your at it...;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT