ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Transfer G Cam Spencer visiting campus this weekend

Richie O

Mar 21, 2016
Rutgers transfer guard Cam Spencer will take an official visit to UConn this upcoming weekend and The UConn Report is hearing that the Huskies staff is very confident in landing this one. Spencer not only led the Scarlet Knights with 13.2ppg, but also shot 44% from the field and 43% from beyond the arc.

Reactions: the Blades
Rutgers transfer guard Cam Spencer will take an official visit to UConn this upcoming weekend and The UConn Report is hearing that the Huskies staff is very confident in landing this one. Spencer not only led the Scarlet Knights with 13.2ppg, but also shot 44% from the field and 43% from beyond the arc.

Traitor !....LOL! ( since your a Rutgers guy )...but I guess he might have the same decision the Uconn AD could have coming up in CR......Fit (Uconn/ Big East) or Money ( Miami/ Big 12 )

Last edited:
One of the great moments in college basketball last season was a highlight play by Cam Spencer. After then #1 Purdue hit a 3 to take a 64-62 lead, Spencer hit this 3 to win the game 65-64 and stun Purdue on the road. Note the tremendous shot fake Spencer makes and then dribbles left to stroke the game winning 3 (one of 2 Game-winning 3s he made for Rutgers last season- this is fundamental hoops 101 and also CLUTCH):

Reactions: the Blades
To me the most interesting comment in that report was this:

“But, I don’t feel the pressure to get to 13 because it might not work great. It may just be one more person to go in the portal.”

I recall a similar rationale being used to hold a scholarship or maybe 2 a few years back (can't recall if it was Ollie or Hurley), and it backfired after injuries hit the roster hard.

It's a gamble, but assuming the team remains healthy it probably is just adding a person who will go into the portal. 12 should be enough guys, but we will see.

On a separate note, I am not sure if Hurley told Spencer he would start, but it should be obvious that he will start with Castle, Newton, Karaban and Clingan from day 1 based on his experience, production, and the extreme need to have a capable 3 shooter to stretch the defense like Hawkins did.

On a separate note, I am not sure if Hurley told Spencer he would start,
Well on a similar note when Uconn was going after Timberlake, I'm sure Self told about 4-5 guards they would start if they committed to Kansas.... NOT! .... It's the reason one of them finally figured it out and now he's out the door before before school even starts....

Yeah but this is not a real good comparison of the UConn and Kansas situations. Kansas is a program that stockpiles explosive, high grade bodies, much like Iran stockpiles nuclear weapons. Chris Johnson just realized he was a stockpiled weapon headed to the missile silo, and he said forget that shit. Good for him.

UConn, on the other hand, does not have a stockpile of accomplished guys who can shoot 3s. Whether Hurley told Spencer he will start or not, It's fairly obvious, or should be to everyone, that he will start.

Yeah but this is not a real good comparison of the UConn and Kansas situations.
You mean because Self is a little careless with the truth, LOL, if he's got 4-5 guys looking at 2 starting positions ?..... Yeah I would guess that while DH is blatantly honest !

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT