ADVERTISEMENT

Georgetown

KhalidShockedTheWorld

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2009
This is a team that has 11 guys averaging 10 or more minutes, so they are clearly deep. I saw their home loss against Butler last week, which Georgetown should have won in regulation but they ended up losing by 9 in OT. I thought they looked like a solid team and not sure what their problem is. They are shooting 38% on 3s, 46.1% FGs overall and an impressive 75.5% on FTs. All the shooting numbers look good. Despite the numbers, they are not winning games, and they might not be very good defensively. But I think this will be a tough game for UConn. Hope the Huskies can get a much needed OOC win.

Reactions: andersonfro
Rodney Purvis has to be the dumbest senior playing ball. He keeps other teams in it like Sterling Gives. Yea I said Gives instead of Gibbs!! O

Reactions: CaNOLEE
Yeah that run by Georgetown erasing the 14 point lead had a whole lot of bad Rodney decisions in it, unfortunately. When he dribbles bad things happen.........

Reactions: CaNOLEE
Thank you... I was going to post this but I didn't want to sound to negative.....Rodney nothing but brainless sloppy slow reacting clownball, how much did you bet on G-town ?
I'll take 3 Sterlings.. over Rodney ....missed wide open lay-ups, TO's.... body slammin into players, can't catch a pass on the move...14 point lead gone because
he could fu%k up a wet dream !!!!.....

Last edited:
Keep your heads up Jalen and Vance, next year when you don't have Purvis and KO can't keep forcing him( I'd take CV over him for ext PT ) into the line-up to kill wins,
you'll be shooting FT's up double digits @ the end of games like this......SMH !

Purvis needs to stop chucking. Jackson Adams and Facey should be taking more shots at his expense.

Yea these issues will be corrected with a healthy Rique back running the show and sprinkle in some Larrier but a key will be rebounding rebounding. Squeeze that ball.

I need to get Enoch a pair of those jump soles shoes so he can improve his abyss type rise and vertical jump!!!

Reactions: andersonfro
Enoch actually was serviceable today and managed to stay on the floor. The game was a lot like Ohio State and Auburn and Tulsa losses........another winnable game has slipped away. All these games were lost late.

Jalen played fantastic, especially in the first half. He was again tired at the end from doing too much. THis poor kid doesn't have much help running the offense. Him and Gilbert next year will be scary.

VJ is getting better and so is Enoch......

Up 14(should have been 16 if Purvis made a layup) and they got a hometown whistle(6-0 team fouls when they started their run) and then we 'Rodney Purvised' the game away.

Jalen was incredible, but would have liked to see him get Jackson a few looks in the second half off penetration. As a PG, get the hot guy the ball until he misses a few shots.

Steve gave us good minutes. Next year, final four or bust.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT