ADVERTISEMENT

Federal Fraud and Corruption Charges For NCAA Coaches, Apparel Company Reps

There is a major implication of this trial on the eligibility of current athletes notably including DeSouza of Kansas. The NCAA cannot ignore testimony which a jury accepted.

So here's the latest, now we have convicted felons...... so how do they take down the CBB coaches & schools who want to play victim in all of this?
Yahoo Sports- Defendants found guilty on all counts in college hoops corruption trial

Well here's a Yahoo story from the Umass grad/ Calipari's cover-up artist and Uconn/Calhoun antagonizer Wetzell, regarding guys who've been convicted,
now flipping:

" The most significant target for cooperation would be Dawkins, the 25-year-old aspiring agent who found himself in the middle of endless recruiting and agent selection deals. He knows, as they say, where the bodies are buried and could help this case reach all sorts of unexpected locales. Dawkins, however, could be impossible to crack. He has thus far rejected all attempts to get him to flip and he may prefer to do his time with a certain dignity. .....Dawkins is not the only weapon here, though. Both Gatto and Code also are facing sentencing. Plus, the government already owns cooperation agreements with T.J. Gassnola, a connected AAU team director and so-called Adidas “bag man”"
Full read- Yahoo Sports : How much will feds shake up college hoops?

Isn't this the first of 3 trials? More trials means more convicted felons who could sing.........

As far as "Dawkins doing his time with dignity", there is no such thing, and this is not a criminal case like Sammy the Bull Gravano ratting out John Gotti and then having to do cosmetic surgery and go into witness protection for the rest of his life. The guys Dawkins would rat out are not mafia types that will make him fear for his life. He should cut whatever deal he can to shave down his sentence. He is finished in that business no matter what, and doesn't owe anyone shiiiiiiiiit at this point.

When Mark Few speaks people should listen. He is arguably the best college basketball coach in the country over the past 20 years. His teams very consistently play outstanding fundamental basketball, particularly on offense. I watched their game against Duke in Maui. They really hosed Duke badly for around 35 and then ran out of gas at the end, enabling Duke to cosmetically improve the final score to make it look like a close game, which it wasn’t.

I am a bit amazed at how he has been able to mix foreign recruits, transfers and under the radar 3 and 4 star guys and mold a consistent high performing winner. In the past his teams were a tad substandard athletically, which prevented them from consistent deep NCAA runs, but that has improved and he has gotten better athletes recently. I thought the team they had 2 years ago could have won it all and the team they have now can most definitely win it all.

Few's saying what I've been say on this board for the last 10 years. The P-5's and blue blood programs in the OL boy's network, etc.... hired a guy like Emmert, so they can get preferential treatment, delayed punishment or sometimes just slap on the wrist (like UNC academic fraud case) when it serves them the best, as they come under the gun in these sanction cases . How the F&%k can the NCAA set academic standards and hand out punishments for an APR, when they allow programs like UNC's fake grades not to be applicable ? I'll tell you why, it's because of Emmert who leads phony investigations or downright cover-ups for the programs that make the most money......

I'll give the guy one thing.... Emmert knows where his paycheck is coming from and it's from the schools with the big money TV contracts who get away with running things like the wild wild west. ( especially at those southern FB factories) So I'm glad Few has called Emmert out, because he knows the NCAA's plan. To play damage control & cover for the P-5's in this sneaker scandal like they always do until they can play in the NCAA'$ and delay it long enough for the public to forget about it as they get back to busine$$ as u$ual.

Last edited:
It’s not so much P5 power networking as much as the Plantation Model that enables the NCAA to profit wildly off college football and basketball. The 13th amendment prohibition against involuntary servitude has been violated systematically by the NCAA and others who get financial benefit from it as surely as it was by those who implemented slave labor in the 19th Century. The P5 simply represents a coalition of the largest plantation owners. It’s a Cartel. There are legal mechanisms in place to break up the cartel. They just have to be acted upon.

Breaking up the cartel may never happen. But it would be nice if they could at least fake some consistency in what me and Few are talkin' about..The enforcement model which Emmert and the NCAA has been allowing 2 sets of rules......... as he said "the rule breakers in college basketball aren’t being held accountable" .(certain ones, because we all know Uconn, UNLV, SMU, etc. have been)

Last edited:
This is sounding very dirty:

Sources: LSU coach on wiretap discussing 'offer' https://es.pn/2SLJenG

I read elsewhere that Wade and Sean Miller will be subpoenaed to a second trial in April as witnesses for one of the Adidas scumbags who was charged. If the FBI have these guys on tape talking about facilitating bribe payments to family members of their recruits they are likely cooked even though they are not criminally charged (yet). There needs to be more trials and more facts exposed.

More dirt being dropped on Sean Miller, by his own assistant. This article below suggests that Sean Miller was paying DeAndre Ayton $10,000 per month of his own money. Is this even dirtier than funneling payments from Adidas to Ayton?

Assistant: Miller paid $10K per month to Ayton

https://es.pn/2Wjto6e

Here's a good one....Dan Wetzel, Calipari's cover-up artist and bestie (and Jim Calhoun hater)...riding in on his white horse to save CBB......Even though it's not some new thought. I've been saying this for years on this board and in this thread. (the current system provides the NBA with all the leverage).

If the NBA and NCAA had a draft system like the NHL or MLB it would change all the problems that's it's dealing with now....runners, undercover agents, sneaker reps, kids forced to go to school and pretending they are students for a year, etc.....

Let the NBA draft kids right out of HS. ( a NBAPA and NBA issue that has to be worked out) Give the best of the best players the option to go pro if they're good enough or ranked high enough. For everyone who isn't, the NCAA should not take away their NCAA eligibility for being in the draft or being drafted....just like NHL or MLB draft picks who play in college now after getting drafted....

Regarding Wetzel.... I'm sure this is Calipari approved, since the one time transfer waiver is also being talked about meaning his buddy at UK will have the immediate ability to poach other schools as his own private farm system...

Last edited:
For everyone who isn't, the NCAA should not take away their NCAA eligibility for being in the draft or being drafted....just like NHL or MLB draft picks who play in college now after getting drafted....

BTW, Uconn Hockey has 6 current NHL picks that are underclassmen and coming back this season..... Plus 2 more returnees and another incoming FR that Uconn is talking up now as NHL picks this summer....Is this talent level a bad thing for the NCAA ?

Last edited:
I am impressed by the strides taken by UConn Hockey and UConn baseball. I just wish football can match those strides, but I am not optimistic about it. I wonder if it would have been better for UConn to have stayed in BCS and played teams like North Dakota State. Football is just a money loser at this point. $13.3 million a year is too much money to be losing. That's more than the cost of buying out Ollie which UConn did not want to do.

I wonder if it would have been better for UConn to have stayed in BCS and played teams like North Dakota State. (WILL ND St. pay UCONN FB $2 mil for one game ???) ....Football is just a money loser at this point. $13.3 million a year is too much money to be losing.

Really ???...it's shit on the FB team time again ?....No comment about Wetzel's fix college hoops story ?

OK I guess we're bored ;).......So I'll do it & play the financials again...

You obviously mean FCS, which can lose even more money......but FB is losing money because the head coaches and teams they've put together have sucked for almost a decade...... turn this around and you'd have a way different story.

And don't forget just a year ago......FB lost $8.7 million. Our beloved men’s & women basketball teams lost a $8.1 million between them and they've actually been good and won (multi) championships in this decade....With an expense of only about 25 Uconn schollies a year on the books for the hoops teams( not 85 like FB ) ..... I'd say they've been a bigger loser (financially) even while winning. ......

Also I don't know if you've been paying attention but Uconn FB has been lining up close to $2 million payouts a pop, now that they're independent for single games vs. teams like Ohio St., Michigan, Clemson, Tennessee, etc.. They've been replacing AAC games for P-5 home and homes too ( so far w/ UNC, Duke, BC, NC St., Purdue, Cuse, Maryland) .....They're even getting paid $1 mil to play @ UCF next year which is about half of what they got paid per year for TV rights by ESPN for all it sports while playing in the AAC...

FB brings in a $5 per ticket surcharge along with mandatory seat donations to fund other Uconn sports that bring in nothing.....Hoops is only $2 a tix. Plus it's the hoops and FB teams together ( w/an assist from men's hockey) that generate a minimum of $96 million that IMG pays UConn (IMG media rights) and the $32 mil from NIKE ( Nike deal )

The biggest elephant in the room especially with what's going on right now in the country.......is non-revenue, non ticketed, non-mandatory donation sports that don't bring in squat... I've seen 35-40,000 fans a game at the RENT for an entire decade....it could happen again if the coaches weren't losers......

Below is the bigger problem for the AD because even if they win these numbers will never change for all these sports:
Other Uconn sports : $2.8 mil revenue, $25.8 mil expenses

Sports writers don't write that story.... because if a bear shits in the woods and nobody sees it, did it really happen ?
It did on the balance sheet, LOL!

Last edited:
The biggest elephant in the room especially with what's going on right now in the country.......is non-revenue, non ticketed, non-mandatory donation sports that don't bring in squat... I've seen 35-40,000 fans a game at the RENT for an entire decade....it could happen again if the coaches weren't losers......

Below is the bigger problem for the AD because even if they win these numbers will never change for all these sports:
Other Uconn sports : $2.8 mil revenue, $25.8 mil expenses

Lots of discussion with Jacobs about non-revenue sports:
"The cancellation of March Madness because of pandemic cost the NCAA approximately $375 million......“They reduced their distribution by about two-thirds,” UConn athletic director Dave Benedict said. “The distribution is typically over $2 million for us.”.....So that’s a hit of about $1.3 million to UConn."

"A few weeks back, the Group of Five commissioners, including the AAC, asked the NCAA for cost-cutting relief from certain regulations, including the ability to cut the minimum of 16 sports, eliminate conference tournaments and minimum football attendance and establish shorter seasons for non-revenue sports over the next four years.....“My understanding is every conference in Division I outside the Power Five got on board with those requests,” Benedict said. “We’re in an unprecedented time. We’ve all got to figure out ways to manage the crisis.......That could mean a lot of things. Yes, it could be the number of sports a college sponsors. Benedict did not want to further comment on the possibility of cutting programs."

"UConn got a jump in this area with the decision to move the majority of sports from the AAC to the Big East.
Last summer, Benedict estimated the savings could be $2 million a year in travel. Still, Creighton, DePaul, Butler, Marquette and Xavier require flights.......Especially with the Olympic and non-revenue sports, the conversation right now is why don’t we really regionalize competition? It doesn’t mean you’re changing conferences. It means why don’t you play most of your games and competitions within a bus drive? Most of us could do that in most of our sports. "

“You could create better conferences if all you were focused on was geography,” Benedict said. “Unfortunately, most decisions haven’t been made for geography.”......They’re made on $ football first and $ basketball a distant second. The rest has been television, gravy and ego. A couple hundred sports programs went under as the result of the financial crash of 2008. Who knows how many COVID-19 will claim? We do know the gravy train is stalled. There are some radical ideas out there. Anywhere from cutting scholarships to non-revenue sports to using the European club model of Real Madrid........And then hold your breath and hope schools don’t start canceling swimming, track, golf and more."......“If we can’t reimagine (conference alignments), could we at least get conferences to work with one another, especially on sports where there is no revenue coming in?”

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT